• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Have you ever found a pair of Oakley's?

I think it depends on if it is possible to find the owner. I would put forth an effort to find the owner but after that what are you supposed to do?

Never found a pair of Oakleys, but I did find a pair of nice Maui Jim aviators on the apron at the airport in Bakersfield, CA once. I figured they were dropped by another pilot so I turned them in to the local FBO. When I flew back in there about a two weeks later, the lady at the FBO said no one had claimed them. She figured that whoever lost them was just passing through for a refuel or something. She took 'em out from behind the desk, handed them to me and said "Here ya go, finders keepers."

Of course, I lost them myself about 2 years later (naturally). :blink:
What goes around, comes around.

Absolutely I would put forth an effort to find the owner, hoping that someone would inturn do the same. However if they cannot be found then finders keepers.

My first pair of oakleys was a pair I found. It was right after I first became a cop. I lost my parking ticket book chasing a guy and was worried because they make a big deal out of losing stuff... I had a buddy search my pool car to double check and found some half jackets under the seat. They became mine, loved them.

A good friend of mine from college happened on a pair of Radars with black polarized lenses in a bar. He asked the bartender who was sitting there and the reply was "someone who just got threw out, that his ****? Lemme throw that away"

So he kept them. His first and only pair, which he has since changed the rubber on, and had to replace the lens after getting (I **** you not) lava on them.

He's an environmental engineer who was working lava fields in Hawaii as part of an energy project. They apparently had a gas pocket go up and lava thrown on everyone. He got some other minor burns that took about a year to totally disappear, but it trashed the lens. He bought a new BIP Range lens while still in Hawaii.

A good friend of mine from college happened on a pair of Radars with black polarized lenses in a bar. He asked the bartender who was sitting there and the reply was "someone who just got threw out, that his ****? Lemme throw that away"

So he kept them. His first and only pair, which he has since changed the rubber on, and had to replace the lens after getting (I **** you not) lava on them.

He's an environmental engineer who was working lava fields in Hawaii as part of an energy project. They apparently had a gas pocket go up and lava thrown on everyone. He got some other minor burns that took about a year to totally disappear, but it trashed the lens. He bought a new BIP Range lens while still in Hawaii.

Damn those lenses saved his eyes! ! Got to love Oakley. I bet if he called and told them they would replace the lenses for him.

Latest Posts

Back