• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Have You Tried Jogging With Your X-Metals?

jracsis

Oakley Expert
PH
Has anyone of you tried jogging with your x-metals? I'm thinking that I will wear this when I jog tomorrow instead of my other sunglasses. Is it not too heavy to wear while jogging?

I never have or never will. One, they are too precious for that kind of activity. Two, they are too heavy IMO. And lastly, they are just too damn precious.

Jogged? Nope.
Jet-skied w/ plasma Juliets w/o a lanyard or other fastening device? Yes
Tested good up to 7 feet of air.
As observed, the weight would be a drag- literally and figuratively.
Lastly I'm pretty sure that sweat is a natural enemy of XM finishes and you'd probably sweat some while runnng.
I doubt if you are going to pull the lenses out and clean the frame frequently so those 2 points they probably make XM's not the best choice for jogging.

Thanks guys. I realized that, it will be too uncomfortable to jog with. Though, I might still try wearing it during jogging one of these days to see if it stays fit even when I am full of sweat.

I played outside volleyball with my polished polarized fire XS and they were great! sweaty as crap afterwards but cleaned them and good as new. They didn't move on my face at all.

I just tried jogging with my XS earlier. It stays in place even though I was all sweaty. And the hydrophobic property of the lenses keeps the lenses clear of the sweat that glides my forehead. This is much better than my other sunglasses that I take out jogging where the lens get foggy with sweat. My XS might be my regular jogging sunglasses for the meantime that is if I either decide to get a sports specific shades for myself. I am keeping an eye on the Rudy Project Ryzer with photochromic grey lenses.

I just tried jogging with my XS earlier. It stays in place even though I was all sweaty. And the hydrophobic property of the lenses keeps the lenses clear of the sweat that glides my forehead. This is much better than my other sunglasses that I take out jogging where the lens get foggy with sweat. My XS might be my regular jogging sunglasses for the meantime that is if I either decide to get a sports specific shades for myself. I am keeping an eye on the Rudy Project Ryzer with photochromic grey lenses.

There are some quality shades by Oakley to use for running. Many people love the Flak Jackets and Half Jakets, depending on the face size. I've been using the Fast Jackets due to the ability to change the lenses quickly and easily as needed due to light conditions. You may want to mess around with some of those before going to Rudy. You'll get all the same benefits you liked from the XS all built into a lighter, O-Matter frame!

Back