• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hello From A Oakley Retailer! Feel Free To Ask Me Any Questions!

Welcome to the forum Dustin.

Let's see some pics of upcoming models.
What does it cost you to not sell a pair of glasses and send them back to O?
Does Oakley order anything destroyed instead of sending it back or repurposing?
What kind of influence does Luxottica have on your shop?

Let's see some pics of upcoming models.

I actually feel the best way to see them all is to visit a website from the "European Union" called Shade Station (I am not affiliated and therefore can't recommend buying anything from them). However, they are one of the only few that have taken the time to take the new releases from Oakley's "HOT SHEET" (they call it) and put them online for pre-orders.

Go to their site: Shade Station | Sunglasses | Designer Sunglasses | Watches (that allowed?? again, I'm not affiliated)

and search for the following:
Square Wire
Valve
M2
Quarter Jacket (this is about 70% the size of flak jackets, great for women and teens)
Break Up
RPM Edge
RPM Square
Dispute
Feedback

What does it cost you to not sell a pair of glasses and send them back to O?

If I have a pair of glasses I have ordered from Oakley and they do not sell and I have to ship them back it will only cost me shipping. Luckily in the sunglass business most companies will do account credit, so I send back the old frames and order new ones! Just have to pay for shipping and insurance. =)

Does Oakley order anything destroyed instead of sending it back or repurposing?

You might need to better clarify this one so I understand. I am reading it as if Oakley orders destroyed merchandise from their factories and keeps it? Clarify for me and I'll be sure to answer!

What kind of influence does Luxottica have on your shop?

Actually I owe a lot to them because without them I wouldn't be in business. They are actually a great company to deal with, they give me good pricing and even end of the year rebates if I spend enough with them. My reps are great and the managers are too. I just wish when people wanted sunglasses they didn't just walk into the Sunglass Hut in the mall. Give the locally owned stores a chance. In my case I have thousands of sunglasses all at the lowest price anyone can sell them for by contract while Sunglass Hut here has maybe just 200 pair? When it comes down to it I guess it's more of a jealousy hatred than anything. We all want to be on top don't we? (no "that's what she said" jokes! lol)

Thanks!

I sent you an email to the address you posted. Thanks for joining the site and taking the time to answer our questions.

Here's something that I've always been curious about on a business level-

Let's say Oakley decided to discontinue an item, for example let's just say its a T-shirt. Once that decision has been made, what are your options as an authorized retailer vs. being an O-Store or Sunglass Hut? Are you able to keep the item and discount it to what price you see fit? Match the Vault pricing? Send it back to Oakley? Or can you just keep it listed at whatever the retail was? Or something else?

To clarify, say the shirt retailed for $14.99, then got discontinued and listed on the Vault for $7.99. Do you just lower your price to that level or does Oakley request you return items like that, or something else?

You might need to better clarify this one so I understand. I am reading it as if Oakley orders destroyed merchandise from their factories and keeps it? Clarify for me and I'll be sure to answer!

No, I meant like the display cases, rumor has it Oakley orders the items destroyed instead of selling them privately to collectors like us. Hypothetically, let's say the Breadbox is an absolute bomb that no one wants. Would Oakley tell you "destroy them, we don't want them," or, "send them back, we will figure it out"?

Let's say Oakley decided to discontinue an item, for example let's just say its a T-shirt. Once that decision has been made, what are your options as an authorized retailer vs. being an O-Store or Sunglass Hut? Are you able to keep the item and discount it to what price you see fit? Match the Vault pricing? Send it back to Oakley? Or can you just keep it listed at whatever the retail was? Or something else?

As far as this goes, if lets say a shirt for $20 becomes discontinued and the Vault now has it for $7.99, I have the freedom to keep it or send it back. If I send it back I get full credit of what I paid for it but it will cost me in shipping. If I keep it I am supposed to continue to sell it for $20, since a retailer is never allowed to mark down an Oakley product or I can use it to boost sales. For instance, buy any pair of Oakley and choose a FREE t-shirt from this stack of t-shirts. Something like that.

No, I meant like the display cases, rumor has it Oakley orders the items destroyed instead of selling them privately to collectors like us. Hypothetically, let's say the Breadbox is an absolute bomb that no one wants. Would Oakley tell you "destroy them, we don't want them," or, "send them back, we will figure it out"?

Gotcha, as far as display cases go they are property of Oakley and cared for by the reps. I can order them for free but they have record that I have it and if my rep doesn't see it then he may ask where it is. Every now and then you see them up for sale on Craigslist and/or Ebay. This will normally be because:

1) A store is going out of business and since Oakley won't give them a dime for taking it back they'd rather sell it and profit from it.
2) You have a rep that got one back from a store and may decide to sell it although they are not supposed to.
3) You have an Oakley Dealer (like me) who decides they are going to take the chance and sell it themselves for profit hoping Oakley doesn't find out. Although they will need another case in which the rep might show interest in where there old case is. Sometimes this game can get confusing when one account has multiple stores and needs many cases. The reps are very busy and this situation might fall through the gaps.
4) Oakley is discontinuing the cases in which I believe the reps hold onto them since it would be costly to ship back and then I have heard of reps selling them in this case.

Oakley would never have a dealer destroy any product. If an actual product has bombed (let's use your example) like the Breadbox, Oakley will let it run for at least a year and then Discontinue it in which case a store like me can choose to hold onto it or I can send it back for full credit. The nice thing is even if Oakley has a situation like this each independent dealer (like me, not a Vault store or Sunglass Hut, etc.) can hold onto whatever merchandise they have bought from Oakley. I don't ever see a case where Oakley demands a product be returned. A store anyway could just say they already have sold it and still hold onto it. But most independent dealers would choose to send back a bad selling product for a full account credit and then Oakley would just take that product (like our example the Breadbox) and send it to the Vault stores. That's why sometimes you'll see a pair in there for just $35. Oakley just wants their money back and is trying to break even and move on.

Hello everyone,

I've stalked the forums in the past and decided it was time to join. I'm one of the largest Oakley retailers in Virginia, I'm in Virginia Beach to be precise, and tend to stock over 240 unique styles and color combinations. If you have any questions regarding things like warranty information, upcoming styles or questions regarding pre-existing styles or maybe what's being discontinued don't hesitate to ask, I'll do my best to help. See you around the forums!

]Hello everyone,

I've stalked the forums in the past and decided it was time to join. I'm one of the largest Oakley retailers in Virginia, I'm in Virginia Beach to be precise, and tend to stock over 240 unique styles and color combinations. If you have any questions regarding things like warranty information, upcoming styles or questions regarding pre-existing styles or maybe what's being discontinued don't hesitate to ask, I'll do my best to help. See you around the forums![/quote]
Can u please tell me the prices of oakley juliets I

]Hello everyone,

I've stalked the forums in the past and decided it was time to join. I'm one of the largest Oakley retailers in Virginia, I'm in Virginia Beach to be precise, and tend to stock over 240 unique styles and color combinations. If you have any questions regarding things like warranty information, upcoming styles or questions regarding pre-existing styles or maybe what's being discontinued don't hesitate to ask, I'll do my best to help. See you around the forums!
Can u please tell me the prices of oakley juliets I[/quote]
Can u please tell me the prices of juliets I

Latest Posts

Back