• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hello from Australia

Quiggers

Oakley Beginner
Hi all,

My Name is Brendan. I'm a long time wearer of Oakley's as they seem to last a hell of a lot longer than anything else I tried.

I've just bought a new pair of Holbrooks to replace a pair of Ray Bans that the rubber coating has become all sticky.

We've been on holiday in Hawaii and I decided to treat myself to a new pair of glasses in the Kalakaua Avenue Store. I bought a pair of Black Frames with The Black Iridium Polarised lenses. Wore them for 2 days and now have scratches on them from the missus placing them in her handbags... Needless to say, I am a little shattered.

My previous pair of Hijinx are still going strong after 8? years and have minimal scratches. I am a little disappointed as I didn't realise the Iridium coating was so easily scratched.

Needless to say, I will be replacing the lenses. Does anyone have a suggestion for the most hard wearing lense to suit this style of frame? I am open to suggestions, either Oakley or Aftermarket...

Cheers.

Brendan.

Welcome to the forum.

My suggestion is do not let your wife just toss your pair of sunglasses in her bag to bounce around in there without being inside a case for protection.

It doesn't matter what lens you buy. If you have it bouncing around inside a purse it's going to get scratches.

Buy a case for the glasses. When you take them off put them inside that case.

Welcome to the forum.

My suggestion is do not let your wife just toss your pair of sunglasses in her bag to bounce around in there without being inside a case for protection.

It doesn't matter what lens you buy. If you have it bouncing around inside a purse it's going to get scratches.

Buy a case for the glasses. When you take them off put them inside that case.

Sorry, I forgot to mention they were in the micro bag supplied and in a section of her handbag specifically for glasses... I also received an Oakley hard case but they are too bulky to carry around all the time.

Needless to say, her 6 year old Prada's and my ray bans have survived this pocket many of times without extra protection...

Anyhow, looks like I need to save for some new lenses...

Are the non-iridium coated Lenses More Durable?

@Quiggers welcome to the forum. The hard cases may seem a little bulky but they are worth the trouble. See if you can find one specific to your pair (some cover 3 or 4 models) or pickup a "torpedo" case. Silver long oval with the O in black on it. Some people like them better than the soft vaults. I just carry that or a soft vault (Juliets won't fit in the torpedo case) and lay it on the table when we go inside and I take them off, or put the case in her purse or bag. After a few times you won't even notice it.

Latest Posts

Back