• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hello From England

JSC

Oakley Beginner
Hello from Cambridge, England (well actually from a small village that no one will have heard of).

I have had Oakley's since my first pair of M Frames back in the mid-90's, which were followed by E-Wire's, Carbon Juliets, and XX X-Metals, and way too many pairs of Snow goggles.

It was the XX X-Metals TiO2 that actually kicked of my recent collection. I bought them new back in 1999, and have worn them as my Mountain Bike sunglasses for the last 14-15 years. It was only when I nearly lost them, and found out how much they were now worth that I retired them and replaced them with some Racing Jackets.

Apart from some very minor surface scratches to the lenses, the XX nose bridge and hinges are in perfect condition, despite regular dosing with rain and mud. Which says a lot for the quality. I have since wondered what people do to their X-Metal's that wear these parts out.

Like many I have an obsession with X-Metal's, so these form the core of my small collection (R1's, R2's, Juliets, XX X-Metals, XS's, Mars ,Half-X and Penny's) but I also have a couple of close relatives in the form of a Magnesium M-Frame, and the almost X-Metal Magnesium Switch. I will get the collection published on the Forum at some point.

I was going to ask the question "At what point does a casual collection become an obsession?", but then I saw the size of collections and the display cases of some of the more serious Forum members, and I realized that my 25+ pairs is just a mild infection, rather than a chronic condition ;)

Well come mate I would say 25 plus is a obsession lol altho i think i have close to 70 plus

Where are you from mate?

Back