1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. JSC

JSC Oakley Beginner

Hello from Cambridge, England (well actually from a small village that no one will have heard of).

I have had Oakley's since my first pair of M Frames back in the mid-90's, which were followed by E-Wire's, Carbon Juliets, and XX X-Metals, and way too many pairs of Snow goggles.

It was the XX X-Metals TiO2 that actually kicked of my recent collection. I bought them new back in 1999, and have worn them as my Mountain Bike sunglasses for the last 14-15 years. It was only when I nearly lost them, and found out how much they were now worth that I retired them and replaced them with some Racing Jackets.

Apart from some very minor surface scratches to the lenses, the XX nose bridge and hinges are in perfect condition, despite regular dosing with rain and mud. Which says a lot for the quality. I have since wondered what people do to their X-Metal's that wear these parts out.

Like many I have an obsession with X-Metal's, so these form the core of my small collection (R1's, R2's, Juliets, XX X-Metals, XS's, Mars ,Half-X and Penny's) but I also have a couple of close relatives in the form of a Magnesium M-Frame, and the almost X-Metal Magnesium Switch. I will get the collection published on the Forum at some point.

I was going to ask the question "At what point does a casual collection become an obsession?", but then I saw the size of collections and the display cases of some of the more serious Forum members, and I realized that my 25+ pairs is just a mild infection, rather than a chronic condition ;)

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

Welcome to the forum!

3. washi me sensie

washi me sensie The Oakley R┼Źnin

nothing like O-Obsession bro... 25, 30, 50, 500 pairs? it depends on what you want and what makes you happy! welcome to the forum!

4. EsJay

EsJay Oakley Beginner

Welcome to the forum!

5. Spenc

Spenc Oakley Collector Premium Member

Hi buddy welcome from Kent down South .

6. JayMann

JayMann Oakley Collector

Well come mate I would say 25 plus is a obsession lol altho i think i have close to 70 plus

Where are you from mate?

7. CD929

CD929 Oakley Enthusiast

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you already have a great collection.

8. Elizabeth S

Elizabeth S Oakley Beginner

Welcome to the forum!

9. Golfguy

Golfguy Oakley Beginner

Welcome to the forum!

10. FactoryPilot75

FactoryPilot75 Oakley Beginner

Welcome!!