1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Noel

Noel Oakley Beginner

My name is Noel and I have been collecting Oakleys for about 15 years. Just scored my first case, hoping to get some info, on how to restore it. Has a couple of kinks but nothing major.

Hello From Houston Tx - DoubleCase.JPG

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Nortika

Nortika Oakley Expert Premium Member

Welcome to the forum, that is the double wide aluminum tower, or X-metal, what's exactly wrong with it? It should have 4 plastic shelves.

3. Noel

Noel Oakley Beginner

Don't know the difference between the aluminum and X-metal. Is missing some screws from the corner hinges and only has 3 of the 4 bottom groves, not a lot of scratches on the plexi glass, locks are missing. Also thinking of putting lights on the top. I been wanting one of these for years.

4. joecool862

joecool862 Keeper of the Skull Premium Member Lifetime Member

Nice score man! Hard to tell, does it have shelves? Could always have some made if not. The guys over in the display case section of the forum will have measurements and such. I'm sure somebody can help you out! Welcome to the forum! Now let's work on filling that bad boy up with Oakleys :)

Noel likes this.
  5. Noel

Noel Oakley Beginner

Yea it has 4 shelves, I just got this last nite, drove 4 hours to get it, but had too. Someone beat me to a single display case, I didn't want this one to get away.

6. Dieseltech

Dieseltech Oakley Expert Premium Member

Welcome from San Antonio!!
    Looks like a nice case :)

Noel likes this.
  7. joecool862

joecool862 Keeper of the Skull Premium Member Lifetime Member

Yes, absolutely! This is how to do it! You don't wait too long, just go get it before somebody else beats you to it! Very cool display case, well worth the effort!!!

Noel likes this.
  8. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

welcome to the forum. :)

Noel likes this.
  9. bad fishy

bad fishy Oakley Expert

Welcome. I'm in Houston too. There may be a collector's event in our area in April. Fun way to hang out and share collections and BS. Keep an eye for more details.

SEAN WAYNE and Noel like this.
  10. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

Awesome case! Welcome to the forum!

Noel likes this.