1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Fusion_m8

Fusion_m8 Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

A Happy New Year to all:

I have been into Oakley sunglasses since 1988 but only recently joined the forum and I have been impressed by some of the members' collection. Especially X-Metal's and Nortika's.

I got into Oakleys as a result of taking up cycling and watching Greg Lemond win the Tour de France 3 times and also the cycling World Road Racing Championships twice. Who can forget the 1989 TDF and that 8 second victory over Laurent Fignon at the final 24.5km time trial???

My oakley collection consists of Radars, RadarLocks, Magnesium M Frame, 1st gen FrogSkin and Juliets. I am in the process of acquiring the X Squared in Ruby. I sold my entire collection of M Frames except for one, a 1st gen Blue Iridium Sweep lens with a 2nd gen Metallic Blue M Frame with white Earsocks.

I had a Romeo R1 X Metal with Black Iridium, just like what Tom Cruise wore in Mi-2 and I was stupid enough to sell it off for only AU$250 few years back. Not learning from that lesson, 2 years ago I sold off my pristine X Metal Penny Ruby for what I thought was a great price of AU$425. HUGE REGRETS NOW!!!

Hopefully over the next few years I can hunt down a Romeo R1 and Ruby Penny for not too ridiculous prices while getting to know some of the great folks here on OakleyForum.com

Last edited: 1/1/15
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. TheWannaBe

TheWannaBe The O-Warrior Premium Member

Welcome! Love the early shout out! He does have an impressive collection to be sure :)

3. Dieseltech

Dieseltech Oakley Expert Premium Member

Welcome to the Forum :welcome:

4. ptownphil

ptownphil Oakley Hoarder Premium Member

5. Fusion_m8

Fusion_m8 Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Looking forward to learning as much as possible from this forum. Have a great 2015!!!

6. oz-olskool

oz-olskool Oakley Beginner

Welcome and have fun it will hurt your bank balance. It has mine already and continuing.
    Happy new year to everyone for 2015

7. Nortika

Nortika Oakley Expert Premium Member

Welcome and Happy New Years!

8. Romeo78

Romeo78 Oakley Enthusiast

Welcome, mate...
    and happy new year

9. shofzr

shofzr Oakley Expert

Welcome Aboard

10. time2fly

time2fly Oakley Beginner

Welcome to the forum! This place definitely fuels the fire when it comes to Oakleys :)