• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hello from NorCal

Grateful

Oakley Enthusiast
Far NorCal
Hello, Ive been lurking for several months and figured I should say hello.
I have worn cheap polarized glasses from the fly fishing store for years until recently. I was in Suluwesi, Indonesia and needed to replace my sunglasses that I had traded to a local mafia type guy while drinking his local beverage. The only ones I could find that I really liked were Foakleys. I was in Bali soon after and checked out the Oakley store to see if they had a real version. Turned out they did. It was the Jawbone. I really liked them but could never see myself spending $150 plus for shades. I also found the same model Foakleys in a bar in Thailand and realized they suited me. After finding real ones on the Vault for $80 and realizing the quality and awesome that is Oakley, I've been hooked.
My moderate collection so far: Matte black Jawbones, polished black Jawbones, rootbeer Split Jacket, polished black Split Jacket, Carbon Badman w/Prizm, Triggerman matte black/tundten irridium, Triggerman w/Prizm lense.
I really really dig the the Prizm lenses. I got the Badman 1st. It looks ok on me, mayb a tad disco. So I I thought the toned down aspect of the Triggerman might suit me more. I got the 2 pair of Trigger man thinking I would switch the Prizm lenses to the matte black bc I wasn't digging the two tone vibe of the polished frames. Both arrived in the last few days and I have to say I dig them both. The two tone is hardly noticeable in person. So I'm keeping them both. I like them quite a bit, although I know that doesn't seem to be the consensus. To each their own.
Now that I'm down the Oakley rabbit hole, I'm on the lookout for black Pit Boss II. They might be a little big for my medium sized noggin, but GOD DAMN I like them!
Anyway, thanks for being a great forum. I never thought I would spend so much time looking at and thinking about ******* sunglasses.

Back