• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hello From NOVA

FREESTYLER_LB

Oakley Enthusiast
NOVA
Hello everyone . New member here from the DC area however I've been a longtime lurker . It's great to finally join up !

My latest Oakley product acquisition adventure has been to locate a pair of boots and a pair of shoes . I got a new contract and will be deploying to the Middle East in December . I had my eye on the SI-6 boots in Coyote for a long time and just couldn't find them in my size 9 and color of choice . I must've driven hundreds of miles and placed dozens of calls until I found the last pair at an Oakley Vault in Florida and persuaded the manager of the local vault to call them and have them shipped over here . Man what a headache but I'm glad I've finally found them !

The other shoe is a much older one which I've worn twice in my previous 2 deployments . They are the SABOT LOW in desert color ( either V1 or V2 ) . Excellent shoes , they have served me very well however it's IMPOSSIBLE to find a pair today in either version . I wear the shoes more often than the boots so I'm quite bummed .

So there it is , again it's great to be here and I'm sure others must have resorted to much more extreme measures to acquire their beloved Oakley product of choice in comparison to my latest adventure lol but I still thought I would share with you . Thanks everyone !

Last edited:
Welcome! Thanks for finally signing up. Check in the exchange section when you have access and see if the shows you need pop up.

Be safe when you deploy. :)

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone . Yeah it's a great idea about the exchange section , maybe I'll post a wanted ad once I can access it . It's a shame Oakley is rolling back all its tactical designs in favor of a more sports/lifestyle image .

Now that I'm no longer on active duty I'm grateful to be deploying as a federal employee since I'll be able to wear any Oakley lens , boot , shirt and anything else I desire . Including my own choice of weapons . No need to follow the uniform regulations ( within reason of course ) . You can't dress in a clown suit and jump into the MRAP to roll out on a mission lol . I'll just keep it functionally tactical and in similar colors like all the soldiers are wearing . It's a bad idea to stick out in a crowd over there ;-)

Back