• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hello From PA!

Greyshot26

Oakley Beginner
Hey guys,

So I just introduced myself in the stickied thread, but figured here couldn't hurt, either! So I got my first pair of Oakleys, crystal black Radar Paths in the summer of my sophomore year of high school...so 5 years ago. My collecting didn't really pick up until my senior year, when I finally was working my own job and had an income of my own and didn't have to rely on my parents to buy me more pairs of expensive sunglasses, which I understood. Neither of my parents originally really understood why I needed more than one, but that summer at the beach I picked up the Infinity Hero Split Jackets, in honor of my uncle who is in the Air Force, plus that purple/black combo looks sick.

Since then, I've added 10 pairs, so roughly 3 a year. I have Inifinity Hero Plaintiff, a Jury, lost a pair of Frogskins (oops, still feel dumb and am looking to replace them), Jupiter Squared, custom white Holbrooks, Dispatch II, Jester, Eyepatch 2, and a pair of Alpha Decay Garage Rocks coming in. I know it's not huge, but I try to wear them all as much as I can, I have a wide array of colors and style for the most part so I can match them to how I'm feeling/what I'm wearing.

I'm currently a junior in college and am studying abroad this coming semester in Bremen, Germany. I'm really looking forward to it, but I realize I can't bring all my shades and that makes me sad. But I'm also working a bunch over this break and think I want to treat myself one more time before I leave for Germany, so I'm looking around a lot and thinking about what I want to take over and what would compliment that. Like you guys can see, I only have a newer collection, because I haven't been able to delve into anything vintage yet, mostly as a result of me having an oddly-shaped face and some glasses not looking good on me. So I really only wear what I can try on and confirm look fine. It's a rough life, I'm telling you.

Anyway, this became a lot longer than I expected, but I truly am looking forward to meeting others and sharing some interests, but one core one. Thanks for opening up and letting me in!

Nice. Must have been a good place to grow up. In PA but so close to Maryland. Not far from Ocean City right?

It's a really wonderful town. Rural enough that the fruit is great, all throughout the year (our peaches are out of this world), but urban enough that a kid growing up here doesn't have to be a farmer. We're a day's drive away from pretty much every east coast hub (Philly, DC, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, NYC, etc.). Yeah we're pretty close to Ocean City, but my family vacation is always to Wildwood, that's where I got my first 2 pairs of Oakleys, actually. It's been a tradition my mom and her brother have done every year since he was 18 and she was 16, so I guess it's going on almost 30 consecutive years for them.

Latest Posts

Back