• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hello from UK

Beefpipe

Oakley Beginner
Hi,

Just a quick intro, from Loughbrough in England. Only 3 pairs in my collection so far. A pair of Cheetah Eye jackets which i bought when i was much younger with a Vault case at the same time. only just started collecting really. I bought some gloss white frog skins last year which I have a question about. I also Bought some sea foam frog skins a couple of weeks back.

The Gloss white frog skins I bought from ebay last year, the guy had a receipt for which oakley uk confirmed, the lenses have delaminated and they were great in sending replacement lens but they were to small, only just. I sent the frog skins to Oakley and they said they are 2nd gen or something along those lines and they don't make they lenses anymore ! can i buy replacement lenses for them else where? you can still see through them ok but Id just like to get them replaced if possible.

I have a feeling i could become addicted to collecting these. I MAY NEED HELP!!

Cheers peeps

Brett

Welcome to the forum from Hants. I'm not an expert but 2nd and 3rd gen Frogskin lenses should be broadly interchangeable - maybe you just fell foul of tolerances, frames on the large shade, lenses on the small.

We quite often have to shim lenses in the x-metals with small pieces of paper or insulating tape. Tougher when you're snapping a lens into an o-matter frame, but might be worth a try.

Welcome to the forum from Hants. I'm not an expert but 2nd and 3rd gen Frogskin lenses should be broadly interchangeable - maybe you just fell foul of tolerances, frames on the large shade, lenses on the small.

We quite often have to shim lenses in the x-metals with small pieces of paper or insulating tape. Tougher when you're snapping a lens into an o-matter frame, but might be worth a try.

Thanks ill try that

image1.JPG

Back