1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. djr7572

djr7572 Oakley Beginner

Hello!

New to the forum and new to Oakley sunglasses. Loving Oakley so far, but I do have a question about a pair that I bought today at my local Oakley store.

So, what I thought I was buying, was the Infinite Hero Flak Jacket XLJ. I asked the Oakley rep at the store, "hey. is this the Infinite Hero series?" ... he said "yes, that's it". But after looking at Google Images, I don't think that's what I have here. I believe what I have is some kind of special edition, but I don't think it's Infinite Hero (which is really what I wanted, although these are cool, too). I pressed the guy a little more for clarification, because I thought the Infinite Hero series was a sort of purple & grey theme - not camo. He told me that this green & brown color way is the new Infinite Hero color way. Is that true? What do I really have here? What's also odd is, there's no mention anywhere on the box that this is a special edition of any kind - but they were $240, which is obviously more than the standard $210 for the normal Flak Jacket XLJ polarized.

Thanks!

- David Hello from Washington state! - IMG_3136.JPG Hello from Washington state! - IMG_3139.JPG Hello from Washington state! - IMG_3140.JPG

TheWannaBe likes this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. ptownphil

ptownphil Oakley Hoarder Premium Member

Yes, its true. That is a new IH colorway. It should also come wirh a cross etched on the left lens too if Im not mistaken.

3. ptownphil

And :welcome:. Im in Oregon.

4. ptownphil

If you want to confirm, its on the Oakley website.

5. shofzr

shofzr Oakley Expert

Welcome Aboard

6. djr7572

djr7572 Oakley Beginner

Ok, thanks. And yes, there is a special logo etched into the lens.

Another thing I just noticed - the sticker on the box says Oakley Military & Government Sales - which is the site to order Standard Issue. So, do I have a Standard Issue pair of shades here? Because I was under the impression that in order to get SI glasses, you have to submit some paperwork, get approved, and all that. A bit of a process.

7. Dieseltech

Dieseltech Oakley Expert Premium Member

Welcome!!

8. djr7572

djr7572 Oakley Beginner

Hey, neighbor!

9. djr7572

djr7572 Oakley Beginner

10. djr7572

djr7572 Oakley Beginner

Thank you!