• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hello X-metal Fan Here...

capacheto

Oakley Beginner
Found this site looking for info on Juliet bridge repair. I have been pretty busy over the last few years with life and didn't keep up with what was going on with Oakley. Much to my sadness when looking to buy some backup Juliets the prices were rather high and all labeled as Rare!. Panic set in as I read the X metal line was discontinued. Such a shame. The metals have to be the finest marriage of art and function Oakley or any other sunglass manufacturer have ever put out. This marks the end of an era I suppose.

Can't say how impressed I am with this site, the people and the craftsmanship by some of the member's like The X-Man offering their services. I will be sending several pair of Juliets over to The X-Man for some custom refinish and tune-ups.

I have been a lifetime Oakley fan. My first pair at 13 y.o (21 years ago !) was the M frame with clear blue frame, white rubber (except nose piece, had to use dark gray because white gave a reflection on the lens), and blue iridium sweep lens. It was so long ago I forget the Oakley name for the colors. If I remember correctly that combination ran me in the area of $200 which was a few weeks worth of money for a 13 year old doing odd work like mowing lawns.

Since then I have owned or still own :

Silver/Fire Square E-Wire (Sold)

Black/Black Whisker (Sold)

Polished /Fire Polarized Juliet with Hammer stems (Sending to X-Man this week for Tune-up and Matte Black finish. Never loved the Polished finish but was the only combo I could find a few years ago that came with the hammer stems which is where my crush began over 20 years ago. Always loved that look.)

Carbon/Black Irid. Polarized Juliet (x3 pair still in possession, 2 are brand new in the box) - My go to pair is very loose and will be going out to X-Man for tuneup after Plasma comes back.

Plasma/Emerald (Sold)

Brown / Titanium Hatchet O-luminum (New in box)

Black/Black Irid. Polarized Hatchet O-luminum (New in Box)

Before I found out there were highly skilled private people doing Oakley X-Metal work I started buying up extra sets. It is nice to know sites like this are here and there are great people to share your enthusiasm with and top tier craftsman to give my business to.

See you guys around.

Capacheto

edited plasma/fire to polished/fire thanks to jonoyong

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum! Just a little info though, the only Juliets that came with the hammerstems were the polished, polished carbon, and 24k frame. So I'm guessing you have a polished/fire iridium polarized Juliet? And not plasma?

Welcome to the forum! Just a little info though, the only Juliets that came with the hammerstems were the polished, polished carbon, and 24k frame. So I'm guessing you have a polished/fire iridium polarized Juliet? And not plasma?

You may be right there... Yup just checked my box - Polished/Fire 04-147 :/ Thanks!

Welcome to the forum.

You don't like the polished finish? I think it stands out more and looks cool depending on the situation.

Welcome to the forum.

You don't like the polished finish? I think it stands out more and looks cool depending on the situation.
I agree. And the situation I bought them for was training for and running a marathon. They have a sporty look to them which to me limits their use a bit. Just a little too bright for me. I'm not running anymore and would like to have them subdued a bit.

Last edited:
Back