• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help a Noob Choose a Good XMetal

Wow, I will have to agree with the Juliet posters. It is the cheapest of them all and you can get one easily. It only gets harder from there.

...or you could fall completely in love with the a juliets after your first pair like I did. The form and function of that little piece of art astounds me, and I now have 7. Picked up an XX recently ("Big" Juliet) and will get more. Next for me is the Romeo 1.

Well, I emptied my funds and got a very nice pair of Juliets from fellow member Fernando, they should arrive in a couple of weeks. I love the frame color, its dark grey, but the lenses are sort of... boring. I know the Black Iridium are good, and the lenses are pretty much new, but I was thinking in something more "rad". I mean, come on, the X-Metals were and still are the sexiest/craziest designs Oakley has ever made, so why not have a set of awesome lenses to go with a set of awesome frames.
Now, I love the Cyclops look from the Xmen movies, but for what I've read in the forum getting those red lenses is quite hard. I also read that Mr. Chris H is a master at lens cutting, so I was wondering if I could contact him for a set of these red lenses (what is the actual name?). But if that plan doesn't work, which color would you suggest for them? I really like the red, but could go with some blue or green, the more redder, bluer, greener, the better I've already got enough frames with those purplish red, reddish blue lenses. So what do you guys suggest? Polarized and non polarized suggestions accepted.
Thanks!

I also read that Mr. Chris H is a master at lens cutting, so I was wondering if I could contact him for a set of these red lenses (what is the actual name?)

He is, and those are Ruby iridium. Now a days, ruby looks more reddish, yellowish, orangish. Finding those deep blue/purple are hard. You could also try to get a set of +Red iridium (be warned, you can see your eyes through them though), but they do do have a similar look to the early ruby iridium. Aside from that, you could also try fire(yellow), or Deep water prizm (bluish/green) has been very popular lately.

Congrats on your purchase. I'm in a similar boat. Had and have many Oakley's, but none are X-Metal. I'm looking for my first and also focused on the Juliet. Let me know how you like yours when you receive them. Personally am fond of the XM Juliet Rubies, as it's just hard to beat that combo!

Back