• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

HELP!!! Badman hinges

Winston Tongco

Oakley Beginner
I received my Oakley Badman as a birthday present last June 2015. I don't do any sports activities while wearing it. After around 4 months, I found out that it just went apart inside my bag. (I posted 3 photos).

Now if it got crushed or something, I would be very surprised since I don't hoard rocks in my bag.

The Oakley head office where I live said that the hinges on the badman/madman has quite of a reputation for being flimsy and that I cant do anything about it but replace the frame.... equals to ......get over it....throw it away........ buy another one!

There must be another way how I can fix this.

I would very much appreciate if there's any Oakley expert here that could help me think of any ideas how to fix this!!
O Badman broken 01.jpg
O Badman broken 02.jpg
O Badman broken 03.jpg

very poor response from oakley....

as this is a known fault they should be more proactive in putting things right.

unfortunately, this was a predicted weak spot on these pseudo x metals after the half x spring hinge suffered the same weakness.

Last edited:
Someone said that ever since Luxottica bought Oakley from J.Jannard, the focus went on to pure profitability... It was said that Jim lost money or didn't gain much profit from producing the original X-Metals since production was way too costly... but his heart went with the dream of creating it.. Luxottica then abandoned
the manufacturing plant for higher profit gains ........sad but true!

I just sent a message to the person we got it from (since this was a gift for me) and told him everything...hope he could get a warranty since Oakley does have an international warranty - hope everything works for the best.

I found this inside my Badman case/box though it was bought for me from a reseller/wholesaler.. (I guess) - will this do? I mean would Oakley USA accept this knowing I didn't buy it from an authorized store?
O Badman Warranty Card.jpg

Back