• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

HELP!!! Badman hinges

I've been considering a Badman Plasma/Sapphire Polarized but after reading this thread I think I'll wait a while to get them if at all. I wear everything I own and they would be no different so to hear of the hinge issue scares me. I'm surely not dropping the four bills Oakley wants for them at the moment.

5f32a8cbac2d08b1b92c9123fdc4f493.jpg

Mine broke as well. Have yet to call in to warranty center to file an actual claim.

Anyone had success claiming warranty for broken badman hinges? Mind sharing the return warranty procedure?
It'll be slightly tricky when we're not in conus

We'll do that.. I'll send it over to my sis who lives/goes back & forth to California & Vegas.. see what happens

Y not send it straight to Oakley warranty center and have them do a return shipping to ur sis in CA instead :)

Y not send it straight to Oakley warranty center and have them do a return shipping to ur sis in CA instead :)

That was in fact one option i considered doing but then again im more comfortable with the idea of having someone i know&trust, fill up the warranty card and do the legwork..

I´ve had the same issue with the hinge on my Badman, and to make matters worse I was left without sunglasses while in Antarctica ! Had to resource to wear goggles during the whole stay.

Now, I contacted my local Oakley rep, and they said they would exchange the frame as long as I provide them with a proof of purchase. The issue, since I brought these from the U.S. I have no receipt or invoice or any means to request the exchange.

Is there any possible way to get someone who´s purchased a pair of Badmans to share a scan of their proof of purchase ? It´s a tall request but at this point it´s the only thing that´ll save me from permanently glueing the dreaded leg back to the frame to make them somewhat wearable.

I´ve had the same issue with the hinge on my Badman, and to make matters worse I was left without sunglasses while in Antarctica ! Had to resource to wear goggles during the whole stay.

Now, I contacted my local Oakley rep, and they said they would exchange the frame as long as I provide them with a proof of purchase. The issue, since I brought these from the U.S. I have no receipt or invoice or any means to request the exchange.

Is there any possible way to get someone who´s purchased a pair of Badmans to share a scan of their proof of purchase ? It´s a tall request but at this point it´s the only thing that´ll save me from permanently glueing the dreaded leg back to the frame to make them somewhat wearable.

If you bought them from a legit authorized Oakley seller from the U.S. You would have a receipt.

I just find it odd you became a member 22 hours ago and your first post is that your requesting a copy of someone's receipt. If you bought them from the U.S. where's the receipt?

I got them off eBay, so the "receipt" is the Paypal transaction and thebcharge to my credit card, however the local rep won´t accept those as proof of purchase. I know I´m new but this was my last resource to try and get a solution.

I got them off eBay, so the "receipt" is the Paypal transaction and thebcharge to my credit card, however the local rep won´t accept those as proof of purchase. I know I´m new but this was my last resource to try and get a solution.
Is a credit card statement not a proof of purchase?
I'd say most people who have receipts are probably waiting for their hinges to go!

Latest Posts

Back