• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help Cant get new lens to close on pennys

OakleyFreak

I put the G in GMoney
EveryWhere
Well I tried to search, but maybe Im using the wrong search words

Im in trouble
I got 2 pairs of Pennys back from X man
I got a ruby custom cut lens for one pair
I cant for the life of me get the DAMN screw to go in

I cant get enough leverage on the frame to get it together, almost like the lenses are a tad bit too big, but they look good if I can squeeze the frame together.
I double checked and I have the lens all the way in the groove.

Never have I had an issue like this before before

So any tips or tricks
PLEASE and Thank You

Who cut your lenses? If they were not cut to fit that frame they might just be a touch to big.

I have an old JB serial Juliet that neither of my brand new Ice Iridium Polorized lenses will fit :(

x-metals can have minor variations from frame to frame so if they were cut from a standard template that happens sometimes.

This happened to me with a pair of custom cut lenses I bought from another forum member. Couldn't get them into 2 different pairs of Juliets. It was like they were just too big! No way in hell the screw would come close to reaching. I tried on a third pair and they popped right in... Look awesome in that pair so I'm super happy! Maybe you can send the lenses and the frames you want them in back to your cutter to have them trimmed?

This happened to me with a pair of custom cut lenses I bought from another forum member. Couldn't get them into 2 different pairs of Juliets. It was like they were just too big! No way in hell the screw would come close to reaching. I tried on a third pair and they popped right in... Look awesome in that pair so I'm super happy! Maybe you can send the lenses and the frames you want them in back to your cutter to have them trimmed?

That sounds exactly like my issue
Crap I only have two pair Pennys lol
So now I gotta buy a third set .!!!!!

Im hoping I can get this fixed at home with some kind of magic
But If I have to send them in I will. Thats if he will even do that?

Send your x metals from Lincoln land to the UAE?
Not me. Not when I could walk out in my garage and be done in five minutes. I'm sure you can too: remove the lense, screw the orbital together and set the lense against the frame to see if a particular area (often the case with old x metals especially polished in my experience) is offending. Then just take it down little by little, test fit, sand, test fit, sand. If the circumference is the issue go around the whole lense. That's what the seller did in essence, finish what he started.
Give it a shot! Tape the lense surface if you are the nervous sort. :)

Send your x metals from Lincoln land to the UAE?
Not me. Not when I could walk out in my garage and be done in five minutes. I'm sure you can too: remove the lense, screw the orbital together and set the lense against the frame to see if a particular area (often the case with old x metals especially polished in my experience) is offending. Then just take it down little by little, test fit, sand, test fit, sand. If the circumference is the issue go around the whole lense. That's what the seller did in essence, finish what he started.
Give it a shot! Tape the lense surface if you are the nervous sort. :)

I am indeed the nervous type lol
But Im willing to give it a go
I think my son has some 3000 grit in the garage.
Thanks carguy

Latest Posts

Back