• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help Deciding

jafranci

Oakley Beginner
I currently have a pair of vintage xx twentys, silver with blue lenses. Its time for a change. I bought a pair of Gascans, but they had a problem with the hinge rubbing and squeaking really bad. Returned them to sunglass hut (oakley wouldnt do warranty work because they said that was normal").

Now im looking again for a new set. In the short time ive had the gascans, i noticed they were a little small and light bled in from the top. I am now looking at the fuel cells since i heard they were bigger and also the batwolfs. Any other recs???

As for color, i love blue, but i think black looks better on me if that makes sense. Decisions decisions lol

if gascans were too small, its possible crankcase might be as well. fuel cells and batwolfs will probably be your best bet.

Fuel Cells would probably be what you're looking for...

Was the Gascan frame polished? They tend to squeak... Matte finishes hold up better and are quieter.

When you say you want a change, how big of a change do you want? You can always get the new 2012 XX,Pit Bull or even a Straight Jacket 2.0 All 3 remind me of the old school XX. Even the Scalpel is a good choice if you liked the XX.

Fuel Cells would probably be what you're looking for...

Was the Gascan frame polished? They tend to squeak... Matte finishes hold up better and are quieter.

It was matte. Also it would catch and you had to force it open. You could see the powder from the pastic grinding by the hindge.

When you say you want a change, how big of a change do you want? You can always get the new 2012 XX,Pit Bull or even a Straight Jacket 2.0 All 3 remind me of the old school XX. Even the Scalpel is a good choice if you liked the XX.

A liittle change..im kinda liking the half jacket now too.

Yeah that wasn't right... Defective pair I guess.

Oakley wouldnt deal with me over the phone he kept saying its due to dirt and oil and its not considered a defect. They were brand new, no dirt, no oil. Back to sunglass hut they went. Oh well.

Latest Posts

Back