• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help Deciding

It was matte. Also it would catch and you had to force it open. You could see the powder from the pastic grinding by the hindge.

Same exact thing happened with my Transformers Gascan. It started about the third time I opened them up to try on. Oakley would not do anything about it. Luckily I bought that pair from Zappos and they exchanged it with no issues at all.

A liittle change..im kinda liking the half jacket now too.

Funny thing, looking back at my own purchase history I "retired" my XX and went to a midnight blue 24K Half Jacket. Found the lens to small and got a polarized fire XLJ and wore those for a year. Oakley Vault has polarized half jackets black/black for $109 and standard lens for $79.00. My thinking is you can always buy lenses when you want a change and not frames. That logic didn't work out for me as I keep buying frames and the XLJ was my only 2nd lens for that frame. Half Jackets are nice, they have a better fit than my Flak Jackets for my face.

You reminded me I own a pair of Half Jackets, I might dig them out and wear them for nostalgia sake.

Thanks for everyones replies so far. Anyone have any pictures of Batwolfs? In particular im looking at the granite color.

How about a shot of the fuel cells next to the gascans?

Thanks!

Thanks for everyones replies so far. Anyone have any pictures of Batwolfs? In particular im looking at the granite color.

How about a shot of the fuel cells next to the gascans?

Thanks!
I don't have any Batwolfs but here is my Fuelcell next to a pair of Asian fit Gascans
Note EDIT: Asian Fit Gascan left, LIVESTRONG Fuelcell right.

Last edited by a moderator:
I cant see the picture? And whats asian fit?

I fixed the link. You should be able to see the picture now.

Asian Fit as defined by Oakley: Oakley Asian Fit Sunglasses and Goggles | Us

For the Gascan Asian Fit, the nose bridge is smaller and more narrow. Also the lens curve is flatter and not as rounded. I'll have to take a new picture to compare my Asian Fit and regular Gascans side by side. Currently Oakley has gone cheap and only have Active frames which just have bigger nose pads. A lot more work had to be done for Gascans and wires like the Asian Fit Spike.

Back