• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help - fixing a stuck temple screw

Linegear Japan

X-Metal Professional
Platinum Forum Sponsor
Premium Member
Lifetime Sponsor
Japan
hi all,

Was unscrew the temple screw, but its rust so bad, only the top come out. It is the bottom half stuck there.

Any idea how to extract this half bottom of temple screw?

want to restore it badly.

Thanks

IMG_5764.JPG

Last edited:
Gonna have to drill it out unless you can sort or carve a groove in the head and use a flathead or knife to unscrew it. If it's rusted that bad, drilling is probably your only option. BE CAREFUL AND GO SLOW! Use a small bit and don't try to get it out of the threads with the bit. Clean the leftovers after.

This is all unless @THE X-MAN has a better idea. He or @jdd32 would be the only ones I'd know of that likely ever had this problem and solved it without ruining the frame.

The Pin Pusher was designed to handle Nosebridge Pin & Nosebridge coupler change... not a 17 years old rusted and half-stuck screw :(

Pin Pusher also can be used to switch the bridge of same category frame with different finish: i.e. Plasma orbital with xmetal Nosebridge...etc

The Pin Pusher was designed to handle Nosebridge Pin & Nosebridge coupler change... not a 17 years old rusted and half-stuck screw :(

Pin Pusher also can be used to switch the bridge of same category frame with different finish: i.e. Plasma orbital with xmetal Nosebridge...etc
Send it to @jdd32 to fix it for you :)

This is the whole picture of the junk Juliet polished...FYI.... coupler melted, orbital & temple screw rusted, gasket broken once taken out...

IMG_5766.JPG

Last edited:
Back