1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. davework

davework Oakley Beginner

Hoping you all can help with this request, or at least keep me from making a mistake. I am looking for a pair of these for my wife for Christmas. New to collecting Frogs, so want to make sure I find a real pair. I bought these from Amazon and they seem to be high quality, but from what I am reading the O on the ear piece is not raised, which points to fake? Everything else looks legit, but then again, I don't have a lot to compare to.

http://www.amazon.com/Oakley-Collec...9164&sr=1-1&nodeID=7141123011&keywords=24-396

If that is the case, I'll be sending back and looking for a real pair. I tried customizing on the website, but it doesn't appear you can change the color of Oakley on the ear pieces? Is this indeed the case?

If so, does anyone have a good pair of these they want to part with?

Thanks for the help all.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. sOuLfUlFoRg

sOuLfUlFoRg Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

That's weird. We're the other letters raised? They look legit too. The soft touch collection is a nice one they come in a few colors but If you want legit and your new to collecting frogs I'd suggest you go to oakley.com. you can customize any of the colors listed there. If you buy through amazon you cannot change the color on a pair that's already made. You can also get in touch with @dr.chop here on the forum. He can make anything you want. good luck

3. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Did you receive the item yet?

4. davework

davework Oakley Beginner

5. davework

davework Oakley Beginner

Would've loved to get these from Oakley.com or other guaranteed retailer, but from what I could find, these are no longer offered? And I couldn't customize these exactly.

6. sOuLfUlFoRg

sOuLfUlFoRg Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

The only thing that I see that looks off is the printed made in USA. It's raised usually beside the CE or like these not there at all. But everything else looks great. I personally have around 140 pairs of frogs but I don't have any of the soft touch collection. However none of my pairs have printed made in USA. Strange. Everything else seems fine. Your probably fine bro. I think @ericforman has the soft touch collection. Perhaps he could chime in. Cheers

7. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

I think you're ok there.
    The tag is obviously something a reseller stuck on the box.

I have that collection but doubt I'll be able to find that pair anytime soon. It's hidden away.

8. ericforman

ericforman Oakley Expert

Yeah I have that pair. I'm out of town until Sunday night though. Everything from memory seems correct.