• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help! I'm trying to sell my X metal Romeo's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right. Got the eBay scheduled for starting tonight for 10 days ending next sunday. Got it started at 99p as I do want them sold. Tried to put everything in the listing. Please look through the listing (will post link when live) and let me know what you think - or even better bid! Bit concerned about international postage coming out at £43, sounds expensive.

These are the second batch of photos taken with a better camera. Any angles I'm missing?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I do realise this is turning into a one person thread but this is my listing blurb I copy and pasted out of eBay. Photos have slightly changed now due to them being over the 15m pixel limit but basically same angles.

Opinions and advice always appreciated :wink:

Hello Oakley Fanatics

Selling my 1 and only pair of Oakley's. These were brought roughly 1998 and worn and enjoyed. Now has come the time to pass them on to a another loving owner.

The listing is for:
1. The glasses with , X metal frames and Black Iridium original lenses
2. Original spare rubber spacers on the sides and nose "guards"
3. Original box with collectors "romeo coin"
4. Original bumf which includes warranty document (expired obviously) and and on-line registry document

Please note the lack of an Offical oakleys bag/cleaning cloth/sock thing. I lost it a long time ago. I will put in a microfibre generic cloth IF REQUESTED

These glasses have been looked after loved for over ten years now but honestly not really warn that much, only occasions, not just "out and about"

Ok so you are sold now yeah? Well let me tell you about the condition of these as they are used and NOT in A1 condition

1. Metal frames are in (to me) a very good condition. Looking at them now there are no imperfections I can see - they are after all metal! Now frames! these are NOT in a great condition. the front of both have minor (to me again) scratches not visible from over 30 cms away and not visible while wearing them. Secondly BOTH lenses have a small hairline crack from both upper joins, from recently talking to Oakley forums, this is a stress fracture and a known "quirk" or "manufactures fault" however you want to call it. Left is about 1cm the right has 1 1/2cm and a small 1/3 cm as well. To me these are not visible from the "outside" (other people looking at you while wearing them) and not visible by wearing them (they are a lot out my field of vision) Tried to get a picture of the cracks but they are quite hard to capture! see pictures. ALSO all pictures are taken with nose rubber guards, this is just because I put them in bag to keep safe, look on the pictures you can see them in the bag

2. Original rubbers for spacing the arms. only tried all to work out which suited me best then put in box and left. I used 25 - no wear at all, but there are 2 x 15 and 2 x 50 (please don't ask me what the numbers relate to, I don't know! but needless to say unless you are stewie out of famliy guy these will fit your amazing head!).

3. Box is in very good condition. Outer perforated box and inner solid box is very good, only broken seal is instantly visible. Coin is again in great condition. I have never really done anything with it, just too it out, looked at it then put it back... Which leads me to the inner box section that holds the coin - it has been ripped to get the coin out of the holder (not sure if you can remove it without SOME damage).

4. Some light wear on bumf (warranty, lens information and registration) but in all very good condition.

All this might seem a bit OTT description but I want people to know the condition they are buying these great sunglasses and although I do refunds, these are only in exceptional circumstances so please be aware of the state you are buying these glasses.

That said, I'm sure I have missed off all the important information that you guys need to make up your minds whether to bid or not. Simple solution. ASK ME! simple, complicated and bizzare questions, all welcome, encouraged and met with hospitality! If I can help I will and can always post new pictures of the glasses if needs be.

These are listed as 99p start auction as I have seen some wacky prices for these and I honestly don't know what they are worth! Only £2.50 local postage for UK recorded delivery

This listing is to PayPal buyers ONLY, But willing to ship Internationally. This will be the first time I have done so, so please be patient and communicative - you will probably know more about international postage than me!

Just did the postage estimator and it came out as £43 to the US which does sound a lot but if you want them at that price its your money! I always pack things I sell VERY well and will send recorded.

Wow longest listing ever?

Have fun and happy bidding

I believe this has ran its course...to sell on the forum u need a few more posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back