1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. SecretNinja

SecretNinja Oakley Expert

Hi everyone. Does anyone have a tip on self removing bridge rivets from Juliets? I have all of the parts but, no tool. I don't want to just try random objects and ruin a nice pair of Plazma frames. Everything else is ok on the glasses so, sending them to The X-Man might not be my best option, as much as I want to give him the job. Any help out there would be cool. Thanks guys.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

Linegear sells a rivet tool. Use at your own risk.

3. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Like @kronin323 said. Linegear. But good luck

4. Jontoad

Jontoad Oakley Expert

that being said the Linegear tool is 30 bux more than you will spend to have Xman tune them up anyways... and if you F up your nose bridge your SOL... so maybe sending them to Xman is your best option (considering you even thought about trying random objects...)

kronin323 likes this.
  5. SiRacer420

SiRacer420 I've got a few Oakleys

Post pics when you're done.

6. SecretNinja

Thanks guys. I saw the linegear tool but like you said, for a few extra bucks, The X-Man can do a lot more for me. I've used him in the past and really like his work. Might send along a pair of Half-X to see what he can do with those. I know they aren't the greatest glasses but, X-Metal, none the less. Bought them for resale anyways. Found them cheap.

joecool862 likes this.
  7. joecool862

joecool862 Keeper of the Skull Premium Member Lifetime Member

I'm a do-it-yourself kinda guy too and I'm sure it isn't beyond my skill to knock those pins out. The issue I have is that if I screw it up the first time (likely as there is always a bit of a learning curve) I'm screwed and looking for a new nose bridge. Xmans service is at a very reasonable price considering not many people ever require a re-tune with his rubber. All my stuff gets sent to him. It's cheaper in the long run to just have it done right by somebody who literally does this every day. Not to mention he actually cares about his results and customer satisfaction unlike a certain large corporation that shall remain nameless :)

Bronzefunk, kronin323 and mjt42 like this.
  8. SecretNinja

Now, to just get the money together. Waiting for my ebay auction to close. I bought these metals as a gift for my 12 yr old nephew. Figured I'd get him started early.

9. jdd32

jdd32 X Metal Workshop

You can knock out the pins with various methods. If you go mcgyver on it, use a hammer and screwdriver to tap it out. Extremely risky approach and success rate isn't that high if you've not done it before. Highly not recommended.

Send them in to experts unless you want to risk scratching or damaging your frames just because you want to get your hands dirty...

SecretNinja likes this.
  10. Jontoad

Jontoad Oakley Expert

i didn't say Xman was a few extra bucks. i said the linegear tool was a few extra bucks.

Xman tune up is only 50 if you don't need a refinish (tuneup with refinish is 80). the linegear tool is 80 plus shipping by itself.