• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help! M-Frame Vs M-Frame 2.0 Lenses Difference?

Since they're flat and you have to bend them to fit, they should have good tension and won't need to clip into the hooks. I hope.

The idea behind those hooks for the Ballistic lenses is if your glasses snag on something or you stuff them into a bag the regular nosepiece can easily come off and compromise the fit and performance. The only thing holding a normal retail set in place is the spring tension of the plastic, and the friction of the groove fitting over the lens. The lens hooks just keep it wedged in place a bit and from slipping down as the plastic tries to spread. Old, well used noses tend to not stay in well at all and I replace them for that fact more often than anything else.

The older 80's lenses have much less pronounced nose hooks, and the older nosepieces were thinner and didn't fit over the frame very much.

So not only will you be able to swap from prescription to regular, you'll be able to use multiple lens tints without buying RX lenses at every shot!
I like lenses, maybe too much... I have maybe 1 or 2 spares... :party:
9170B293-2D91-4DD4-8F8C-B26B021315C8-1901-00000130E1AE94AC_zps4f04b2da.jpg

Best of luck! I hope the M Frames serve you well!

I'm going through old pictures, seeing if any might help in some way. I have found a few interesting ones.

Here's a beat to **** lens without the nose pieces (ballistic)
2012-06-04163442.jpg

A worn gold heater lens
IMG_1057.jpg

Several lenses, showing how Oakleys lenses vary pretty wildly even in the same size/shape
2012-09-14180621.jpg

Older generation nose pieces are the center two
IMG_1043.jpg

3.0 (tan) vs. 2.0 (black) for fit, lens size, rake, wrap. I believe the 2.0 now uses this updated lens with more coverage, not sure on the noses though.
B376D48E-4515-422A-A688-DDCBA34C3BD3-12050-00000DB758E73587.jpg

0E0E28AA-98A3-43F0-8917-670ADCF152F3-12050-00000DB7483271F1.jpg

Thanks Rustpot that is an impressive collection indeed; it looks awesome and I'm very very jealous :)

Thanks for helping with the extra pictures.

I'll only be using my normal M-Frames with cycling and walking pretty much, none of that intense Military stuff (that part of my life is over) so I'm thinking it should be fine unless I start rappelling down buildings and jumping around like a mad man.

I'm hoping the hooks in the normal M-Frame lenses are sufficient (and they seem like they are) to keep the "modified" nose piece in place. The Rx insert shouldn't be too heavy or anything so logically I don't think it will fall off (I hope).

Would you say the normal nose pieces you have of both frames are interchangeable?

I'll order the Oakley Rx Carrier Kit and let you know how it goes.

Thanks again for all the help, really appreciate it :)

Back