• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help Me Choose My Oakleys

Whatever color you get stay with polarized. Knocks out the glare off the dash and windshield. Just be aware some LCD screens, digital displays can black out.

Well after spending a hour in the vault store I ended up getting a pair of matte black jaw bones with black and yellow lens for $109 they said they were over stocked on them and oakleys has discontinued them and they needed to het ride of them I thought that was a heck of a deal. And I bought a pair of ice polarized lens thats in them. It was night when I got out so I don't know about driving with them, so ill find out tomorrow!!. Anybody like the ice polarized???? Oh. The salesman said that the racing jackets are replacing the jaw bones, and if I wonted to order different lens that the racing jackets would fit, anyone confirm this? ......long post my thumbs hurt.

Well after spending a hour in the vault store I ended up getting a pair of matte black jaw bones with black and yellow lens for $109 they said they were over stocked on them and oakleys has discontinued them and they needed to het ride of them I thought that was a heck of a deal. And I bought a pair of ice polarized lens thats in them. It was night when I got out so I don't know about driving with them, so ill find out tomorrow!!. Anybody like the ice polarized???? Oh. The salesman said that the racing jackets are replacing the jaw bones, and if I wonted to order different lens that the racing jackets would fit, anyone confirm this? ......long post my thumbs hurt.

The Racing Jacket is the same frame, they updated a few items to allow it to accept a strap and I believe a wind gasket.

The Jawbone name was in conflict with another retail product, so they're essentially just phasing them into Racing Jackets.

I'm not a big fan of Ice. My favorite lens for bright light is black polarized or VR28 Black polarized. I'm definitely a big proponent of using polarized lenses though. I have grey, OO red, black, VR28 black, and gold polarized. Grey polarized is a phenomenal lens that's underrated, it can be used in indirect bright sun, but it's versatile enough to be worn on more dimly lit occasions.

If you have access to the app store in iTunes, check out the Oakley Vision app. It is an in-depth buyers guide to the best lenses Oakley has to offer.

Wrll seems the ice polz are 2 day. Ordered some 00 red polz. I believe they will be better. I do like the yellow lens that come with them for driving in the morning..

Back