• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help Me Decide On Next Frames

music_man185

Oakley Beginner
i'm having trouble deciding on my next frames. i cant choose between split jackets, flak jackets or straight jackets. i like them all, however i haven't tried any of them on yet, so i dont know how they will fit me (small face).

one problem is that i think the glasses i already own resemble some of the frames i'm looking at too much. for instance, i really like the flak jackets, but i already own a pair of half jackets. even though i like them both, it would almost be like having 2 pairs of the same glasses. i also own monster pups which i think somewhat resemble straight jackets and split jackets.

Oh wow- my bias here is for Straight Jackets for one thing Oakley is doing away with them after this year....I have about 12 I think Shadow Camo /Ruby Or Matte Black Ruby are my favorites...I also like Matte Rootbeer/Gold and RB/Titanium...Split Jackets cost more plus will be around a lot longer than SJ's at this point..I also like Polished Black/Ice for Sj's and the Blood/VR28 Black was a good combo...The dark Grey /Chrome are also unique and were going for 99.99...I also have Polished Black/emerald that are nice...

Geez no more straight jackets? what about the livestrong editions? I should buy those soon! Shadow camo is my favorite colorway for a SJ. :D

I would also go with Straight Jacket's, great looking frame, work with casual outing's and also sport activities rather than the latter two which are more sport oriented.

The Sj cut off isnt for another 6-8 months and telesales isnt always right but they are down to 3 stock colors...I'd consider selling my Livestrong I havent worn it and its still in the box...Pm if interested but yes, Shadow Camo is great i agree...split jackets will be around when straights are gone I am sure at least through another year

I'd go with the Straight Jacket, I don't think it looks like the Monster Pup, plus if you go custom your choices are huge! Flak Jacket is good if the Half Jacket fits a bit tight on you and Split Jacket would be if you want something with the Switchlock technology. If you’re anything like me you'll end up getting them all eventually. Also, a completely different colorway will help them from all looking alike if that's what your going for too! Good luck with your decision!

thanks for all the input guys.

RetinaBurn said:
I'd go with the Straight Jacket, I don't think it looks like the Monster Pup, plus if you go custom your choices are huge!

i thought they would have a ton of options for the straight jacket. but i was shocked at how little there are. only 5 frame color options. and a little less than the usual amount of lens options. if i go with straight jackets, i will probably go with polished black frame, ruby lenses, and red icons and lugs. or maybe white chrome frame, ice iridiums with blue icons and lugs.

how big are the straight jackets? i've read a couple reviews that say they may be slightly larger than monster dogs. monster dogs are on the larger side of what fits my face. my monster pups are as big as i want in a pair of shades. any bigger than the monster pups and i think they would be too big for me.

Sj's fit a little s****** or abt same as MD's...not much different than pups and have unobtanium...I have a small head and can wear SJ2's fine...this is from someone who cant even wear Hijinx/antix/Fuel cells so they are tighter fit than those...

music_man185 said:
how big are the straight jackets? i've read a couple reviews that say they may be slightly larger than monster dogs. monster dogs are on the larger side of what fits my face. my monster pups are as big as i want in a pair of shades. any bigger than the monster pups and i think they would be too big for me.

I have both, and i find the monster dog slightly larger in terms of lens size and width of the frame. Both feel to fit the same, obviously the SJ fit more snug and secure with the Unobtanium.
http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc4 ... 000096.jpg
SJ2'S on left, MD's on right.

Latest Posts

Back