• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help Me Decide On Next Frames

after a lot of consideration and looking at pictures, i think i've decided against the custom pairs i had. now i'm liking the livestrong edition and the ducati edition. i'm kinda leaning more towards the livestrongs. the ducati's look good under certain light, but in brighter light, the dark gray seems to become lighter. closer to a silver. i guess its the metal flake in the paint. some of you may think i'm being weird or picky here, but i also dont like the fact that the ducati's have "stoner" etched into the lenses. lol. i know that it stands for casey stoner, but the majority of people probably wouldn't know that. they would think i had it etched because i'm a stoner or something. lol.

after a lot of consideration and looking at pictures, i think i've decided against the custom pairs i had. now i'm liking the livestrong edition and the ducati edition. i'm kinda leaning more towards the livestrongs. the ducati's look good under certain light, but in brighter light, the dark gray seems to become lighter. closer to a silver. i guess its the metal flake in the paint. some of you may think i'm being weird or picky here, but i also dont like the fact that the ducati's have "stoner" etched into the lenses. lol. i know that it stands for casey stoner, but the majority of people probably wouldn't know that. they would think i had it etched because i'm a stoner or something. lol.

LOL Stoner is a funny name i have to admit. He's probably one of the best, if not the best current MOTOGP rider today. But his personality makes him a lot of ppl hate on him.
I could imagine people going, hahah are you a stoner!

lol. i dont really follow motogp. so i dont know much about him. but i know that i dont really want people reading "stoner" across my lenses every where i go. lol. if they said "ducati", it may be a different story. so i'm thinking livestrongs. i really like the all black verison of the straight jackets, but thats how all my oakleys look. so i'm after something with at least a little bit of color. and the livestrongs go to support a good cause :)

i hated the ducati straight jacket's, that silver frame with the red is ugly.
I'd get a custom straight jacket in white chrome. :)

Uh.....hold the phone....discontinuing the STRAIGHT JACKET? It's one of their most highly rated models. What the hell is wrong with this company these days?
I wish I knew They consider the Split a replacement...and the 90 dollars extra doesnt hurt them either...they will be around for a little while butnot more than 6-8 months according to a rep and 2 stores Get em while u can!

words cant express my disappointment tonight. i got a pair of straight jackets tonight. i've spent the last several days getting excited, looking at pictures, watching videos, and trying to decide what colorway/edition to go with. i get them, put them on and look in the mirror, and i feel they are too big for my face. my face must be very small, because i've read of other small faces loving the straight jackets. i dont know what to do now. i was super excited about the straight jackets. i really like the look of them. just not on my face. i think they look bigger on my face than my monster pups do. how do they look on you other small faced guys? the frame fits me ok. i just think the lenses are too tall. it may just be my taste. i like for my glasses to be sleek and have a tight wrap. i like the "sporty" look, not the "fashion" look. i realize the straight jackets are in fact a sports frame, but the way the lenses look on my face gives it more of a fashion look because they are so tall.

Latest Posts

Back