• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help me please

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have soldered other frames, but that is when it breaks off completely. Also not on xmetals. Also not on spring hinges, unless you don't want them to spring anymore. Sounds to me like this one is a goner! Can't wait to see pictures if repaired. @THE X-MAN love the last comment... Lmao.

I noticed everyone saying not to send it back into Oakley. Are they known not to send back out metals that come in for repair?

I personally don't believe it's that bad. There were literally only a handful of bad experiences in 2015 that were mentioned on the boards where the frames went missing or came back damaged. People need to understand that Oakley don't make these things any more and the tune ups are done by humans. As such, accidents can and do happen to an item that's irreplaceable. When the unfortunate event arises, they can only offer compensation as a gesture of good will in the form of discounts or replacement frames from their current line up. IIRC you had to sign a legal disclaimer form prior to sending frames in for tune ups that void them of any legal ramifications.

To be honest, if Oakley tune ups were that terrible and eats x-metal frames left right and centre, then i'd wager there's more fury on the net than the handful discussed. So far from what i've seen, if you notify them of the damaged frames then they'll do their best to fix it including replacement x-metal frames if they can still fish one out of storage. I've seen 2 examples where someone got replacement Juliet and X-Squared. My 2 cents.

I personally don't believe it's that bad. There were literally only a handful of bad experiences in 2015 that were mentioned on the boards where the frames went missing or came back damaged. People need to understand that Oakley don't make these things any more and the tune ups are done by humans. As such, accidents can and do happen to an item that's irreplaceable. When the unfortunate event arises, they can only offer compensation as a gesture of good will in the form of discounts or replacement frames from their current line up. IIRC you had to sign a legal disclaimer form prior to sending frames in for tune ups that void them of any legal ramifications.

To be honest, if Oakley tune ups were that terrible and eats x-metal frames left right and centre, then i'd wager there's more fury on the net than the handful discussed. So far from what i've seen, if you notify them of the damaged frames then they'll do their best to fix it including replacement x-metal frames if they can still fish one out of storage. I've seen 2 examples where someone got replacement Juliet and X-Squared. My 2 cents.

Cool, thank you for that. I didn't think Oakley was intent on keeping pairs that were sent in for repair.

the guy who will repair my glasses
this is the perfil on facebook
Rogérinho Oakley

they tell me will repair and will be like new i cant give to him on this week i will give on other and show all you here

Auuuuuuuuuu my penny returned completed perfect the best work i see on my life i am so happy ...really really happy the customers of brasil are the bests of the world

image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back