1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. iwantfullauto

iwantfullauto Oakley Beginner

So a few months ago I got a used set of plasma Juliets with fire iridium lenses. I purchased some Linegear red lenses (redish purple) and really like them. Since then I have been searching for some used carbon Juliets. I planned to put the red lenses in the carbon frames, and then put either black or blue lenses in the plasma frames. I found a set of used carbon Juliets and they are on there way to me. Now im not sure about the color combos. This set is coming with fire linses too, but I dont really like the fire linses.

So what color combos do yall like? carbon with the redish purple, carbon with black, carbon with blue, plasma with redish purple, plasma with black, plasma with blue?

Thanks.

James

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

Carbon has a tendency to mute cooler colors like blue. But warmer colors like red stand out more. I have carbon pairs with oo red and deep blue and the oo red definitely has more pop.

Plasma goes with anything.

motoGP_fanatic likes this.
  3. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

Some examples...

Here's pics of the carbons, they're a little misleading because the deep blue in this pic came out better than usual, and the oo red came out poorer than usual...

Help picking color combination. - 20150108_091907.jpg Help picking color combination. - 20150205_100350.jpg

Then plasma, here's with black (BIP)

Help picking color combination. - 20150119_105832.jpg

And +red (actually a polished frame so shinier than plasma but close enough...)

Help picking color combination. - 20150206_095602.jpg

And then ice; the color didn't come out well, it's more like in these pennys (which is actually a Ti frame but looks the same)...

Help picking color combination. - 20150209_110047.jpg Help picking color combination. - 20150211_124658.jpg

Now these are all with OEM lenses; your results may vary using aftermarkets...

supersharp and motoGP_fanatic like this.
  4. Carrera1963

Carrera1963 Lover of Juliet Premium Member

Pretty much any lens colour looks good in either carbon or plasma - you can allow yourself pretty much free reign with those.

supersharp likes this.
  5. iwantfullauto

iwantfullauto Oakley Beginner

Ok, thanks for the advise and pics. Im thinking I will try carbon with red, and plasma with either blue or black lenses... thanks again.

James

6. RoTors

RoTors Oakley Expert Premium Member

For me,

Top choices for a carbon or black Oakleys are either Chrome, Ruby and Violet. I also believe 24k would look awesome too, but dont have an example to show.

Help picking color combination. - image.jpg

For Plasmas my favorites are easily:

Plasma / Emeralds

And Plasma with Sapphire (not a Juliet but gives a good idea of the color combo)

Last edited: 7/20/15
    supersharp likes this.