• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help picking color combination.

iwantfullauto

Oakley Beginner
So a few months ago I got a used set of plasma Juliets with fire iridium lenses. I purchased some Linegear red lenses (redish purple) and really like them. Since then I have been searching for some used carbon Juliets. I planned to put the red lenses in the carbon frames, and then put either black or blue lenses in the plasma frames. I found a set of used carbon Juliets and they are on there way to me. Now im not sure about the color combos. This set is coming with fire linses too, but I dont really like the fire linses.

So what color combos do yall like? carbon with the redish purple, carbon with black, carbon with blue, plasma with redish purple, plasma with black, plasma with blue?

Thanks.

James

Carbon has a tendency to mute cooler colors like blue. But warmer colors like red stand out more. I have carbon pairs with oo red and deep blue and the oo red definitely has more pop.

Plasma goes with anything.

Some examples...

Here's pics of the carbons, they're a little misleading because the deep blue in this pic came out better than usual, and the oo red came out poorer than usual...

20150108_091907.jpg
20150205_100350.jpg

Then plasma, here's with black (BIP)

20150119_105832.jpg

And +red (actually a polished frame so shinier than plasma but close enough...)

20150206_095602.jpg

And then ice; the color didn't come out well, it's more like in these pennys (which is actually a Ti frame but looks the same)...

20150209_110047.jpg
20150211_124658.jpg

Now these are all with OEM lenses; your results may vary using aftermarkets...

Pretty much any lens colour looks good in either carbon or plasma - you can allow yourself pretty much free reign with those.

Ok, thanks for the advise and pics. Im thinking I will try carbon with red, and plasma with either blue or black lenses... thanks again.

James

For me,

Top choices for a carbon or black Oakleys are either Chrome, Ruby and Violet. I also believe 24k would look awesome too, but dont have an example to show.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

For Plasmas my favorites are easily:

Plasma / Emeralds

image.jpg

And Plasma with Sapphire (not a Juliet but gives a good idea of the color combo)

image.jpg

Last edited:
Back