• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help please

Cant wait to see the end product. You should have
Doc Chop is currently working on a pair for my brother. He wore them for 10 years until I literally took them off his head. I cut a set of sapphire lenses and he is doing an engine turned finish.
View attachment 211083

I would have like to seen the the disassemble.

Try a scar - the shape and fit is very similar yet they're cheaper, don't have pieces falling off, and you get better peripheral vision... Just not quite as extreme looking...

Looks ok, but I think I'll just stick with metals and elites. :biggrin:

Yea, ever since I heard of the 'sonic welding', i've been extra careful with them and rarely ever wear them....double bag and stored in hard case! lol
Not the sort of handling that you would expect from a pair called PLATES. Seriously, the facade pieces would not have fallen off on their own without coaxing.

My first pair are Plates, still have them, and those things have been abused over the last 15 years. Dropped many of times and I’ve never had any issues with the welds popping. Only when I had to change the lenses. A smidgin of glue and you’re good to go. Unless someone has tinkered around with sonic welding on here.

Back