• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help polishing Juliet

Ok, now I get it, XX's. Thought those were Juliets. Still would like to see a late gen plasma. I would much rather do an X Metal than plasma.

Polishing out an x metal frame is very time consuming. Had about 8 hrs into those XX. Plasma in my experience polishes out much much faster.

Polishing out an x metal frame is very time consuming. Had about 8 hrs into those XX. Plasma in my experience polishes out much much faster.
Opposite for me. Of all the items I have polished that plasma I have was the hardest. Early gen plasma a different story, they are as easy as the X Metal. I did the orbitals on an xm romeo in about 45 mins including a few beer breaks.

takes me 20 minutes for any finish down to polish. And another few hours to take the 'half assed' polish to fine mirror polish.

Doesn't the nosebridge rubber melt when polishing like that, I know there's got to be substantial heat involved

Doesn't the nosebridge rubber melt when polishing like that, I know there's got to be substantial heat involved
I think all the pieces are taken apart and individually polished...

That would be the absolute best practice...

Mine was disassembled before polishing. You could easily overheat the rubber unless you take it real slow.

If you Use 220 grit Aluminum Oxide Blast, then use glass bead bast to smooth out the high spots from Aluminum Oxide Blase, then sand with 400/600/1000/1500/2000 then use a drimmel and wheel to apply rough cut, and finally finish quality metal polish you can get pretty nice results.

If you want to get to the IH plasma finish do the first two steps, then use mothers to polish it out.

Back