• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help Restoring A Single-wide Display Case

Here is my small case with my personal glasses. My favorite models to wear are Square Wire 2.0, A-Wire Thick 2.0, and Mag Four S. This is a generic case, that I dressed up with LED lights, and a gunmetal Oakley Icon.

2015-01-06 17.08.23.jpg

Another product that works well on aluminum that has a bit of scale buildup is trailer brite aluminum cleaner. It's an industrial cleaner that removes oxidation very quickly but just make sure you rinse it off immediately after you have it cleaned up. Also make sure you wear gloves and do not get it on glass as it will etch glass due to the acid that's in the cleaner. I'm not too sure how this product will affect acrylic though so best to mask off your case prior to use!

The Mother's was not what I was looking for . I was polishing the panels more than the original finish. So I went back to steel wool. It's a lot of work, but I have the corners almost where I want them. I have to pick up the finest grade of steel wool tomorrow. I used the 2nd to finest... I would just like to get it a little smoother if possible. The lights are coming this week, and the plexiglas repair system is already here.

So when you used the steel wool did you use anything else or just straight steel wool?

So when you used the steel wool did you use anything else or just straight steel wool?

Just steel wool. After the steel wool, I cleaned the surface with Windex just to clear the debris. The quality of the aluminum is so high, you can try all different ways to resurface it. I would try different grades to steel wool to see which finish you like. If I had it to do all over again, I'd probably polish it instead with aluminum polish. It would really shine if you did that.

Just steel wool. After the steel wool, I cleaned the surface with Windex just to clear the debris. The quality of the aluminum is so high, you can try all different ways to resurface it. I would try different grades to steel wool to see which finish you like. If I had it to do all over again, I'd probably polish it instead with aluminum polish. It would really shine if you did that.

Okay awesome! Thank you sir!

Latest Posts

Back