• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help restoring X Metal XX iO2 paint

char1ieone

Oakley Beginner
Hello, folks!

It has been nearly 3 years since I have been on here and I am sure that many who were great at restorations of certain Oakley glasses have moved on to other ventures in their lives, but I was wondering if anyone can refer to me someone who can properly restore paintwork on X-Metals?

I have a pair of Oakley XX-Metal iO2 w/Black Iridium lenses I had purchased way back in 2002 that are my prized Oakleys. Of course after years of utilizing them by wearing outside and not wiping them down of the sweat which corroded the silver paint, the lenses are not in great shape as I had put stress cracks on one lense after a backpacking trip and while trying to disassemble them I stripped one of the hex screws on them. Now that I look at it, I beat the living hell outta of them, which why I am trying to look for an individual who can give them the grand fixing up they deserve.

I am seeing if there is someone that I can go to that could re-create the satin metallic silver paint work on these iO2s to roughly about 80-95% of the matching tone. I know that there is no way to get 100%, heck even in the auto world, getting a 100% matching paint color is nearly impossible. The lenses I can find on my own and I believe I can replace the screw and remove it myself, but can you folks point me in the right direction in finding someone who cane help,

Thank You!

Checkout the x-man., you can check the xmetal sections here and find him. Not sure if you have a first gen bone looking plasma or the smoother later version. I know he can retouch the later versions, and make your pair like new! Pics would be best to determine the gen, and a serial number would work too.

Thank you all! Yeah, I remember X-Man from back then. Researched him so I could get this issue with my glasses resolved at that time, but funds were tight and then a layoff, but now I finally have stable money to make this finally happen. Thank you for responding X-Man!!! I will get that serial number for my TiO2s as soon as i get home later tonight!

Here are some pics I have of my TiO2 XX Metals and I have included the code as well:
XT031063

IMG_0435-1.jpg
IMG_0434-1.jpg
IMG_0432-1.jpg
IMG_0431-1.jpg

nasty.

just kidding. first gen for sure. unfortunately j dont know of any homegrown fixes for that, but then again i am not a metallurgist. i know it can be redinished tho.

as chance may have it i am wearing one of my 1at gen tio2 pairs too!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430191317.172691.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430191335.389205.jpg