• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help...........Should I Pull The Trigger?

Depends. If you take care of them the flex coupler shouldn't loosen that much but if you're pretty rough with them they can loosen. It's fixable though. Just have to send them in to Oakley for a tune up but it does cost $70+/-.

I've had mine for 7 years and while the flex coupler moves it's not nearly as bad as some that I've seen where the frame can pretty much be pretzeled.

Showing care with the piece, especially if worn in a rotation, can lead to coupler life in excess of 10 years...but you never can tell buying used. I have yet to purchase a used pair where the loose-ness was a) described correctly and b) little enough to warrant NOT sending them in.

Showing care with the piece, especially if worn in a rotation, can lead to coupler life in excess of 10 years...but you never can tell buying used. I have yet to purchase a used pair where the loose-ness was a) described correctly and b) little enough to warrant NOT sending them in.
I've been lucky. The Penny and two XXs I got preowned had no looseness in the flex coupler at all. :D

Sealed the deal today, will have pictures up once I get them in my hot little hands.

I'm so stoked for my first pair of X-Metals :cool:

pc130034.jpg

Back