1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rem

Rem Oakley Beginner

A friend of mine owns a pair of oakley sunglasses (flak xlj, I believe) and occasionally lets me borrow them. I didn't realize they were in my pocket before I took a seat and the tension of being in my pocket lead to what happened in the attached media. How can I fix this? I tried boiling it to get it soft enough to stick a needle and connect the two but it never seems to melt. I've seen methods like using Acetone on some sunglasses. Will it work on these? I feel really bad and don't want to even have to show them this!

Attached Files:

Linegear Japan likes this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Welcome to the forum.

I would say you should just bite the bullet and buy your buddy a nice brand new pair. And never borrow his again.

3. Rem

Rem Oakley Beginner

If I had the money to do that, I would, but these sunglasses are rather pricy, though they seem worth it if you can afford them. I, however cannot purchase them in a timely manner.

4. Lexkempo

Lexkempo Frog Fanatic

Get in touch with Oakley Warranty directly and see how you can buy a new frame ... Usually it's the lenses that are costly ...

O matter frames aren't repair friendly ... There's no real way you'd be able to properly repair those frames ...

motoGP_fanatic likes this.
  5. G-901

G-901 Oakley Expert

Gorilla glue and run like hell:car: cause he's prolly gonna smack ya:punish:

6. pjd1234

pjd1234 X METAL NERD

yikes call warranty dept. they might help you out.

7. lee.s.b

lee.s.b Oakley Enthusiast

I probably wouldn't tell Oakley that you sat on them though..

8. NoFair

NoFair Oakley Collector

Never borrow anything you can't afford to replace and contact Oakley and see if they can replace the broken part for you.

9. The Game

The Game Oakley Enthusiast

Warranty won't cover that, looks like you should just bite the bullet on this one.

QLR1 likes this.
  10. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

You break something a friend lets you borrow, but wont replace it? I hate to say it man, but you're kind of a Douche.

"Trump", The Game, SiRacer420 and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.