• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help! Sunglasses broken!

Status
Not open for further replies.
U can use guerilla super glue.. I use this for impossible missions.. But i guess u would have to tell ur friend and never cheat him even if u managed to fix it.. Good luck.. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 052427780560lg.jpg
    052427780560lg.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 252
OP, best thing to do is call Oakley, explain the full situation, tell them its your friends etc...They will offer you new frame at 40-50% (can't remember) off, just return the broken one. You keep the lenses and swap them in the new frame since you're not paying for lenses and you're getting a discount as well its not too bad. I'm not just talking out my ass either, I did this with a broken Square Whisker frame and got a carbon Tinfoil as replacement, got the frame at the discounted price but had to pay for the lenses...

I'm surprised no one suggested this yet.

OP, best thing to do is call Oakley, explain the full situation, tell them its your friends etc...They will offer you new frame at 40-50% (can't remember) off, just return the broken one. You keep the lenses and swap them in the new frame since you're not paying for lenses and you're getting a discount as well its not too bad. I'm not just talking out my ass either, I did this with a broken Square Whisker frame and got a carbon Tinfoil as replacement, got the frame at the discounted price but had to pay for the lenses...

I'm surprised no one suggested this yet.
Because when we have done it it's off a whole pair not a frame. And ebay is cheaper

Your general outlook on people of low income is really disgusting. I am not buying my clothes at goodwill and have a car, but I'm not frivolous enough (and neither is my friend) to think that sunglasses that cost more than $50 is a sensible way to use your money. Sorry that my life isn't full of opulence like yours.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Being in the industry I find it appalling when people make these types of statements and have such a low standard towards their vision/eyes. You'd be surprised to know that you can get just lenses that range from $600-$1000 and no, those dollar store readers/sunglasses don't compare.

Because when we have done it it's off a whole pair not a frame. And ebay is cheaper

Unless Canada is different...like I said I just got a Tinfoil frame only at the discounted price but lenses were full price. I also have a brand new Mark Marquez Sliver frame only sitting in my drawer right now that they sent me when I had squeaky temples, that time they let me keep the original too so I just put a little silicone oil at the hinges. I'm just going to order lenses for the new one and keep it as a mint backup.

well everyone has already piled on OP and his morals....

But on the topic of "I'm not paying XXX dollars for something that should just cost Y", it's a one-sided way of viewing business. I know there was a post somewhere on this forum about profit margins, and it was a great way to put things from a brand's view. In the case of Oakley, I assume they're playing towards image and continued growth/potential.

I mean I personally don't like paying up to the gills myself. As it is I think at least aftermarket lens brand has improved quality to become more legitimate alternatives to OEM. But end of the day, the premium brands I choose are motivated by more than price and/or snob appeal: Intensive R&D background, positive previous experience with the brand offerings, even something as simple as aesthetic presence. It's the whole concept of "standing by a brand".

I get that people can't easily afford certain things, and I have a higher threshold regarding fakes because there are people who make mere cents of income in other places of the world.... but I'm talking about people who clearly have the time and money for the internet to detest retail prices on message boards. OP's case aside (because he came for a very specific reason), some of the people I refer to clearly can afford other assets and are just BS'ing themselves in how unjustified some things are — like someone with a $2000 bicycle scoffing at $200 sunglasses. There's $80 Wal-Mart bikes just as there are $5 gas station sunglasses.

I'm not really ballin' myself, but I'd rather hold out for maybe two months for a premium item vs getting a budget piece as soon as tomorrow. If someone really wants something, then they go get it. Don't go to plan B and lie to yourself saying "well it's kinda like that one I wanted".

But just to reiterate, my post is straying away from OP's case. Just wanted to touch on a sub-topic.

wow... that's amazing... never seen newer models break so cleanly before. You must have a really old pair of Flak or you're very unlucky. You can always attempt to glue it back but it won't be the same again... try it at your own risk. You can get decently priced Flak Jacket frames if you know where/how to look for them.

FYI I tried to break my Quarter Jacket (again) just now but it's impossible:

View attachment 190881

View attachment 190882

and it's good as new...

View attachment 190883
Man my X-Metals don't do this WTF....that's it I'm selling all my metals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back