• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help To Identify Oakley Model

Well there is no such think as a half flak. There is a half jacket and a flak jacket. Both are half frame sunglasses but they are different. If you had good pics on the auction then they should have known what they were buying anyways.
Thanks! Good to know That means he has no idea what he is talking about !

That didn't really answer my question...i mean obvi I know if I mislabeled them it was my bad...I have been selling stuff for years! My question is what are some differences in the two types of mentioned sunglasses?? I think I saw somewhere the only real difference is the size of the lens?
We won't know what the 'difference' is until you show is what you sent him and tell us how you described them as...

I'm sorry I guess maybe I am not being clear...I just want to know the standard differences between the two models of sunglasses. Take the ebay listing out of the equation...for instance...is the Flak jacket a bigger lens than the half jacket or a bigger frame or what exactly are the differences between the two?

Just google both and see for yourself what the difference is. That will also let you know what frame you sold. O-review would be a good place to start. Most people here prefer you do the simple things for yourself.

Just google both and see for yourself what the difference is. That will also let you know what frame you sold. O-review would be a good place to start. Most people here prefer you do the simple things for yourself.
And that statement would make any prospective new member turn away. Really who would want to be part of a community if that's the response they get.

I'm sorry I guess maybe I am not being clear...I just want to know the standard differences between the two models of sunglasses. Take the ebay listing out of the equation...for instance...is the Flak jacket a bigger lens than the half jacket or a bigger frame or what exactly are the differences between the two?
The frames in it self are pretty different. The flaks have ear sock and also unobtanium surrounding the icon on the ear stems. The flak jacket ear stems sit flat on your head and the half jacket stems are kind of turned out wards

Flak jacket xlj( xlj refers to lens size)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410423887.938293.jpg

Flak with standard lens
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410423911.164017.jpg

Half jacket
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410423936.964348.jpg

Half jacket 2.0
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410423953.747963.jpg

The frames in it self are pretty different. The flaks have ear sock and also unobtanium surrounding the icon on the ear stems. The flak jacket ear stems sit flat on your head and the half jacket stems are kind of turned out wards

Flak jacket xlj( xlj refers to lens size)View attachment 104544

Flak with standard lensView attachment 104545

Half jacket
View attachment 104546

Half jacket 2.0
View attachment 104547

Thank you Ausokley! I appreciate the fact that you out of all the others that responded #1 took the time to actually answer my question and #2 were VERY nice in doing so. I will not be back to this board in the future because of people like David F and really the others too( telling me it was " your bad" and " we wont' know the differences until you tell us how your described them" (Really? That is just rubbish!!!) who obviously don't have time to help someone who is clearly not an Oakley aficionado and was just looking for straight answers. This was the BEST answer and exactly what I was looking for so again I say THANK YOU!! I hope the moderator of the board will read these responses and try to promote a little kindness towards new/prospective members!

Wow really?! Gee I would have never thought of using "google"...DUH!! That is how I found this forum...thanks for being so welcoming and kind to a new member.

We won't know what the 'difference' is until you show is what you sent him and tell us how you described them as...

see the response by AusOakley...this is exactly what I was looking for...not sure why I would have to give a run down of how I described them just to get someone to tell me the differences??

I was trying to give him the tools to solve his own problem. That's why I pointed him to o-review. Others wanted him to do something simple like... Post a pic of what he sold, from there, they would at least help him by identifying what he sold. Thus solving the real problem. He didn't even want to do that. Really all he wanted was someone to get pictures for him... All that was done to resolve this is flaks and halfs were googled and pics cut and pasted. I'm the ass because I wanted him to do it himself? Ok then.

Back