1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. steveadorjan

steveadorjan Oakley Beginner

I have just purchased a pair of Oakley Mainlink Grey Smoke (SKU: OO9264-04) from an authorized Oakley distributor.
    As you can see in the attached video, the frame on the top of the left lens is a bit too loose, so when you touch the frame at the top and push it gently, it moves very slightly and makes a noise. Basically, it feels that the left lens is not properly attached/fixed at the top to the frame (just in one spot, not the entire top of the frame). The lens is inserted correctly into the frame, so this is definitely some kind of manufacturing defect (i.e. either the top of the left frame is a bit too large or the lens was cut a bit too small) and poor quality control.
    By comparison, the right lens sits solidly in the frame and there is no movement/noise at all when pressing gently the right frame.
    Is this sth. I should try to resolve as a warranty issue or is it considered "normal". I have had sportier styles over the years (Radarlocks, Half Jackets, Straight Jackets, Twenties etc.) and none of them had this kind of problem. On the other hand, I've tried a similar pair of Mainlinks in a local store today and they also seemed to have the exact same issue.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. flyer

flyer Oakley Expert

"They all do that" is the last refuge of the used car salesman...
    :smoke:
    I'm sure Oakley will be happy to make you happy.

3. steveadorjan

steveadorjan Oakley Beginner

Thanks for the encouragement :) I've tried another one in a different store and the frame was all good (i.e. solid)

4. bambambirl

bambambirl Oakley Beginner

hi l have the same prob
    how did you solve it
    thx

5. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

He exchanged them.