• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

help with Juliets

catharsis

Oakley Beginner
After my first pair of Juliets (Plasma with Ice iridium ((polarised IIRC) lenses) were stolen I bought another set on ebay since I had already purchased 2 extra sets of OEM lenses VR28 Polarised and Black Iridium Polarised and so had some 'sunk cost' in Juliet lenses.

Personally I always preferred my Minute 2.0s and XXs anyway, but the juliets were always nice until the tiny screw holding the frame 'closed' i.e. keeping the lens in place became stuck, and cannot now be removed (at least by me).

This all happened some time ago, but this morning I decided I'd call Oakley and Oakley UK have told me I can ship them the frames and they will try to remove the screw or potentially even 'cut' it.

I though I would post here before sending these to Oakley in case I am about to make a huge mistake.

I would be sending frame only, no lenses, in fact I'd be tempted to remove the arms, nose pieces, earsocks etc also and just send the 'main piece'.

Advice as to how I should proceed?

Apologies for the newbie question - but that's what noobs do!

After my first pair of Juliets (Plasma with Ice iridium ((polarised IIRC) lenses) were stolen I bought another set on ebay since I had already purchased 2 extra sets of OEM lenses VR28 Polarised and Black Iridium Polarised and so had some 'sunk cost' in Juliet lenses.

Personally I always preferred my Minute 2.0s and XXs anyway, but the juliets were always nice until the tiny screw holding the frame 'closed' i.e. keeping the lens in place became stuck, and cannot now be removed (at least by me).

This all happened some time ago, but this morning I decided I'd call Oakley and Oakley UK have told me I can ship them the frames and they will try to remove the screw or potentially even 'cut' it.

I though I would post here before sending these to Oakley in case I am about to make a huge mistake.

I would be sending frame only, no lenses, in fact I'd be tempted to remove the arms, nose pieces, earsocks etc also and just send the 'main piece'.

Advice as to how I should proceed?

Apologies for the newbie question - but that's what noobs do!
Send to the @THE X-MAN ...

/thread

I agree with everyone else. The X-man can fix this. I believe most people here will tell u the same.

Yeah cheaper and way safer.. Oakley has a bad rep for losing our Xmetals once in awhile or damaging them.. The more rare and exspenvise they are the more likley they go missing.. The Xman all the way

As I've already posted I sent my juliets to oakley to get fixed and since they were older ones they couldn't help me. So $15 bucks shipping and I got nothing out of it.

As I've already posted I sent my juliets to oakley to get fixed and since they were older ones they couldn't help me. So $15 bucks shipping and I got nothing out of it.
Just be happy you actually got them back!

You made someone at oakley very very sad. :oops: You were about to give away your frames to an employee and in return get a 20% off discount because they "lost" your frame.

I had exactly the same issue with a pair of Ichiro Juliet's! The thread had completely gone on the temple screw and I was also concerned about the orbital screw, where you open the frame to replace the lenses. Oakley UK told me to send them in and they'd assess the issue and let me know. I'm based in the UK, but in the end decided to send them to the X Man as I'd heard so many good stories, and was so glad I did. Absolutely amazing work and a great turnaround, much quicker than Oakley - X Man all the way!

Latest Posts

Back