• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help with new purchase

:welcome: to the forum. Thats a good start on an X Metal collection. X Man has my vote, about 8 pairs of mine. All better than new.

Oh ok, why were you surprised to hear me use the word tune up?

Can the x man replace the lenses with Oakley lenses?

Also, is there anyway to keep this thread in the general discussion? I was hoping to get some suggestions on glasses and not just talk about my current glasses.

By the way, I went to an Oakley store today and don't really like the current x metals. If anything I think I'd go with one of the wire frames.

I agree with the forum on this one. You have some sought after frames there. If you get rid of them, you would eventually want them back. But, to answer your origional question, there are a few wire frames to choose from if you want to switch from the X Metal. Judging from your choices of Metals, you would probably like the "Whisker", "Blender", or maybe even a "C-Wire"? The next best thing that is new in the market is a "Carbon Shift" but they might be a tad big due to your previous styles. If you enjoy the X Metal Line, I personally would reccomend an X Squared. Totally different style and frame as opposed to traditional X Metals. Then again, if you want to switch it up to O Matter, I'd start with Split Jacket. They are cheap and give you a feel of the lense coverage and fit of the Pit Boss. We all have our preferences here and our own styles but, hey, if you ask, I'll give you my honest input.

How do you find the frame sizes - does the juliet for you better than the penny? If so your choice of wires cold be quite different. The newer crosshair is a large frame compared to the first version, which I find personally a better suit and I have a fairly large head. They older Why 8.2 is a great all rounder if you can find one and the blender is a good suggestion also. But keep your metals or you will no doubt regret it!

I'm just not sure what the popular models are these days.

Welcome to the forum. Your current frames are the popular ones these days. Don't replace them, just add to them.

As far as wires go, just go in the store and see what fits you best. As mentioned already, outside of wires, the carbon shift has been popular.

Having a serial number does not hurt the value of course, but adds very little. Just depends on who you talk to. Some prefer serials over non-serials.

How do you find the frame sizes - does the juliet for you better than the penny? If so your choice of wires cold be quite different. The newer crosshair is a large frame compared to the first version, which I find personally a better suit and I have a fairly large head. They older Why 8.2 is a great all rounder if you can find one and the blender is a good suggestion also. But keep your metals or you will no doubt regret it!

I feel like the juilets fit better than the penny's.

Thanks for everyone's feedback. I think I will be keeping these and adding to them! I may end up seeking the penny's since I like the Juliets better, but I'll wait and see.

I think I'll go to the Oakley store later today and try on some glasses.

What are yall's opinion on the tinfoils? I found some tin foil positive reds at the Oakley vault doe about 150 I think. Much different than what I have now and I couldn't tell if I liked them or not. I think that may be because I'm so used to wearing these for the last 15 years or so.

Last edited:
@Oakley4523

hello and welcome on board!!!

nice x-metals - keep them.
are you still looking for some new stuff!?
try the carbon shift, carbon blade or tincan carbon...

have fun

Latest Posts

Back