• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help With Picking Lens Fast Jackets

I just ordered my Fast Jacket XL. They come with the G30 polarized and VR50. I like the G30. Not sure if they will work for everything I do. Oakley's site I do not like for their simulated shots.

This is what I need lens for.
Daily driving
Hiking ( a lot of going from light to shade)
Autocross and other racing (days at the track)
Hunting(this is the hard one)
Low light in morning. Dark and very sunny days. Also winter very bright when the sun is reflecting off the snow.
I am looking at forest that is bright in some places but low light others. Not sure if there us a lens that works for both.

Thanks for any help.

Actually, why be limited to a couple of sets of lenses? The Fasts were meant for easy and fast lens changes. I have four pairs of Fast Jacket frames and I swap the lenses out a lot. It's good to try out different lenses. Going to cost money though. My first pair had Jade lenses. Didn't like the green front view color but after wearing them I really like them.

Actually, why be limited to a couple of sets of lenses? The Fasts were meant for easy and fast lens changes. I have four pairs of Fast Jacket frames and I swap the lenses out a lot. It's good to try out different lenses. Going to cost money though. My first pair had Jade lenses. Didn't like the green front view color but after wearing them I really like them.

One reason I got the fast jackets is for the changing of lens. I do not want to over buy. I am trying to get down the Len's to start with most. It is so hard in the stores to tell how the lens work outside.

I just ordered my Fast Jacket XL. They come with the G30 polarized and VR50. I like the G30. Not sure if they will work for everything I do. Oakley's site I do not like for their simulated shots.

This is what I need lens for.
Daily driving
Hiking ( a lot of going from light to shade)
Autocross and other racing (days at the track)
Hunting(this is the hard one)
Low light in morning. Dark and very sunny days. Also winter very bright when the sun is reflecting off the snow.
I am looking at forest that is bright in some places but low light others. Not sure if there us a lens that works for both.

Thanks for any help.

i think ur good to go with the g30's and vr50's for most of this but for driving i'd pick up a pair of photochromic lenses just cause of changing conditions

Latest Posts

Back