• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help With Verifying Pair Of Frames

char1ieone

Oakley Beginner
I have a question and hoping that you can help with verifying a pair of Oakleys for me. I just made an offer ebay for 3 pairs of Oakley Twenty frames and won em all for $50. Two of them are frankensteins in FMJ 5.56 which will be very useful to replace the chewed up stem of the Emerald editions I just recently acquired and I'll see what can be done to use on my Ice, looks like they come with a set of black ear socks. The condition of the socks and pads I am not aware of this time but jumped on 'em and made an offer that I thought would get refused. My question to you is, are these green specelled pair the Emerald frames w/Gold Iridium lenses? I can't see the Icon which would help and the photos are a tad dark and have not seen that pair in person to know if there is a pair with metal flakes in it. If they are what color pads and socks would I need to find to restore 'em? Thanks!

P.S. You guys are really bad influences. :)

$(KGrHqJHJE0FD77yTzqdBRCUel!mkQ~~60_57.JPG

$(KGrHqFHJFQFDy13Jlh2BRCUeqfv+Q~~60_57.JPG

$T2eC16JHJFoE9nh6m+TLBRCUfGe5Z!~~60_57.JPG

$T2eC16dHJHQE9nzEzsvOBRCUevDo8w~~60_57.JPG

$T2eC16ZHJHIE9nyseyg(BRCUe1LnW!~~60_57.JPG

$(KGrHqJHJEkFDyoR7qGLBRCUfMLYrw~~60_57.JPG

$T2eC16FHJHQE9nzEyJQ+BRCUfdEq5Q~~60_57.JPG

$T2eC16hHJG!E9nm3sBltBRCUf!d,eg~~60_57.JPG

$T2eC16dHJF8E9nnC8I!cBRCUfivbVw~~60_57.JPG

I'm not really a minute guy but that green frame is the same as the one I usually see paired with gold like you said. Marc or GRF could tell you more but I think you're right.

I have purchased 2 pairs of Oakleys that were from Budapest and have no problems or anything that makes me question that they are fakes. Is there some sort of thing with getting Oakleys from Budapest that I should take into consideration that I may not be aware of? I took a close look at these and by judging with the wear of the anodized icons, the way the stems go black inside the ear stems like what my old FMJ 5.56 did and the fade of the Oakley logo on the bridge helps support that these are legitimate. Could I be wrong and made mistake?

The emerald pair had gold icons, gold iridium lenses and rootbeer rubbers. I am waiting on a package from the same seller.

The emerald pair had gold icons, gold iridium lenses and rootbeer rubbers. I am waiting on a package from the same seller.

I was going to ask you if you may know anything about the Emeralds but decided to ask everyone their opinions. I took your approach about using clean parts to make a very solid pair of Oakleys and saw these and automatically thought of the Emerald FMJ 5.56 that I git. One of those arms will work perfectly!

Back