• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Helping Hand

yeah i saw the post this morning. I don't love this release but i love america so i'm buyin

well, just hope that if the info is true, 500 pairs, split among 4 physical stores, i hope the folks who really wants them manage to snag a pair. and beat off scalpers who's just gonna wanna try and control the aftermarket.

i think from now on..the they shall be called Union Jack and Old Glory. =)

Nah, we've been calling them 'Jolly Roger' for ages FearGear says that is the design name: http://www.oakleyforum.com/oakley-f...has-anyone-heard-plan-jolly-roger-design.html

Just 'cos Chris can't sort himself out no need for the rest of us to change it up!

50%...

I was wrong, the old glory design is the US flag BUT the jolly roger is the pirate flag

Jolly Roger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Chirs, you're such an amateur! (just kiddin')

Anyone know which stores!? I live near two and could manage getting to 3 more through family but i really need to know which stores! Would love to help anyone out as well!

you are socal right kyle and menendez is florida? I am just trying to figure out where us frogheads are located so we have a general idea of how close to the stores we'll be.

i'm not in the US so i'll needing assistance for sure . . .

so US member please :help: me with these frogs! thanx :big_boss:

Yes I'm so cal and family is here so there are about 5 stores to get to. If you guys let me know in advance in a pm which store will have them i could see if i can put my name down on their shipment

Ok guys, this is all I know:
That pic was sent to me from corporate, with the info that I shared. There will be 500 pairs made (Im not certain if its 500 TOTAL, or 500 of EACH.) that will be sold at four stores, and not sold online. Im not certain if its four stores total internationally, or four stores in the US, plus European stores. If its four stores total internationally, I think itd be a safe bet that Covet Gardens would get them since theyre a London Flagship and thats where the Olympics will be taking place. I could only speculate which other stores will get them, probably the big ones, SoHo, Market Street, Times Square, etc.. But I dont know for sure yet. Were just gonna have to wait and see.

As far as the Jolly Roger pirate confusion, I dont think theres a Jolly Roger design whatsoever. Thats what FearGear first insinuated them to be little while back, which ultimately turned out to be the Union Jacks. I would chalk that up to being lost in translation, seeing as how FearGear bought the prototype of the 'Jolly Rogers" then sold to Jono, who then shared with us all his new Union Jacks.

As far as the pic goes, I wanted to share it, but took it down. I didnt want anyone getting in trouble... Ill post it next week in this thread.

Hope this helped cleared up some confusion pimps!

Ok guys, this is all I know:
That pic was sent to me from corporate, with the info that I shared. There will be 500 pairs made (Im not certain if its 500 TOTAL, or 500 of EACH.) that will be sold at four stores, and not sold online. Im not certain if its four stores total internationally, or four stores in the US, plus European stores. If its four stores total internationally, I think itd be a safe bet that Covet Gardens would get them since theyre a London Flagship and thats where the Olympics will be taking place. I could only speculate which other stores will get them, probably the big ones, SoHo, Market Street, Times Square, etc.. But I dont know for sure yet. Were just gonna have to wait and see.

As far as the Jolly Roger pirate confusion, I dont think theres a Jolly Roger design whatsoever. Thats what FearGear first insinuated them to be little while back, which ultimately turned out to be the Union Jacks. I would chalk that up to being lost in translation, seeing as how FearGear bought the prototype of the 'Jolly Rogers" then sold to Jono, who then shared with us all his new Union Jacks.

As far as the pic goes, I wanted to share it, but took it down. I didnt want anyone getting in trouble... Ill post it next week in this thread.

Hope this helped cleared up some confusion pimps!

Do you think Oakley HQ would be getting any? That was the first store and their HQ but then again they don't get a lot of "rares"

Back