• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Here's the update bros...

This discussion was taking place before this situation occured and is taking place right now. We are on it. It's just working out the line between ensuring people don't post whore and also being welcoming to new members.

I'm not sure of the total numbers of transactions that have taken place between board members but I'm sure the success rate far outweighs the scams that goes on. People get scammed on eBay too, even with the policies they have in place, no system is fool proof. How members choose to do business with other members is up to them, the forum can't be held accountable for their actions. It's sad that it happens but I don't think we should lock everything down or make demands of members that are not really enforceable or necessary. If you choose to use the gift payment option you choose to use it, and you know the risks involved.

Cool, thanks jk! Just throwing out some thoughts and ideas, I know the Mods have everything under control.

I just feel that this is one of the better forums that I've been a member on and completed the most successful transactions on...and I definitely want things to stay positive. jk's right, no matter how much precautions you take to protect yourself, you will inevitably run into a negative situation one day. I'm not saying to lock things down or make unreasonable demands on members here, I'm just trying to think of ways to continuosly improve the system so that previous incidents may be avoided or prevented moving forward.

Just my two cents...

IMO i think the post limit should go up. And also for new members, they can only post a certain amount per day

I heard back from the seller a few hours ago. He shipped a pair of pit bosses to me and sent me a picture of the tracking/receipt. I told him I will happily send the money back to him if they arrive as described. He apologized but maintains a friend screwed him on the shipping deal. Whatever, I'm really just looking to buy some sunglasses. If it all works out, I will let y'all know.

I heard back from the seller a few hours ago. He shipped a pair of pit bosses to me and sent me a picture of the tracking/receipt. I told him I will happily send the money back to him if they arrive as described. He apologized but maintains a friend screwed him on the shipping deal. Whatever, I'm really just looking to buy some sunglasses. If it all works out, I will let y'all know.

Cool, hope it works out like it should've in the first place.

I am amazed that any LA Police Dept would help with this?? I am glad they did!!
Hope you get your shades. CSI ain't got nothing on you!!

wow..thats some story there hearno..really glad that it all worked out..i cant imagine if something like this happened to me..it surely will be hard to settle things since i'm in asia..anyways glad it all turn good man..hopefully you get your Boss soon..

something to suggest though that I believe post in the "New Member" and "Other" sub forum should not be included in increasing post count. That would definitely help avoid post-whore. I'm no forum expert but I've seen some other forums done it so I suppose this is doable.

Latest Posts

Back