• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Here's the update bros...

Being a relatively new member, I'm more of a lurker than a poster. I'm on the forum daily, but I post infrequently. Maybe a separate post limit to buy vs. sell. Maybe even no post limit for buying. I don't have answers for the issues at hand but that's just my .02

I agree with no post count for buying and then a post count limit for selling or a min feedback score of 8-10 which ever is first.

Buyers can scam just as much as sellers, in fact I'd be more inclined to not sell to someone who has no posts or feedback. Plenty of stories of buyers claiming items arrived damaged, or returning goods that were not the goods sent, just ask BAPD.

Honestly I feel a more harsh minimum post count and membership time for new members would stop any of this from happening again.

What's the deal with feedback score?? How does one better it and how do you give feedback.
I understand the whole not-getting-scammed part of the post count and what not. But scammers are going to scam. A limit on post count or feedback is not gonna stop someone from scamming if they really want to do so.
That's just my two cents though.

What's the deal with feedback score?? How does one better it and how do you give feedback.
I understand the whole not-getting-scammed part of the post count and what not. But scammers are going to scam. A limit on post count or feedback is not gonna stop someone from scamming if they really want to do so.
That's just my two cents though.

A very valid point. Let's be clear about what happened. The person who scammed in this instance was an old member with a positive feedback score.

A minimum post count and/or time limit would not have stopped the scam in this instance.

jk-27 said:
A very valid point. Let's be clear about what happened. The person who scammed in this instance was an old member with a positive feedback score.

A minimum post count and/or time limit would not have stopped the scam in this instance.

Exactly.. But I think we should be careful about calling people scammers - especially in this case, where the seller is a long time member with several positive transactions (not to forget). In this case he might have been unlucky with his buddy. I don't think we're in the position to judge the truth of his story though, to be honest.
None the less, it seems like the story might end well after all :)

Exactly.. But I think we should be careful about calling people scammers - especially in this case, where the seller is a long time member with several positive transactions (not to forget). In this case he might have been unlucky with his buddy. I don't think we're in the position to judge the truth of his story though, to be honest.
None the less, it seems like the story might end well after all :)

The only problem with the last part of your post is the fact that he tried to sell them again... To Hearno, AGAIN... I was with you until I heard this part from Hearno and he was met by LAPD... Just saying that the seller no longer has a leg to stand on in this case... A scammer is a scammer regardless of what his previous rep was, he blew that out of the water with this one...

The only problem with the last part of your post is the fact that he tried to sell them again... To Hearno, AGAIN... I was with you until I heard this part from Hearno and he was met by LAPD... Just saying that the seller no longer has a leg to stand on in this case... A scammer is a scammer regardless of what his previous rep was, he blew that out of the water with this one...

All it takes is the allure of a few hundred dollars.

I'll admit if someone paid me close to $400 and all I had to do was stay off this forum I'd probably take them up on it.

Back