• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hesitant To Buy X-Metal Due To Loose Nosebridge

xmetalfreak said:
yep. tap it from the back. the thin bits of the rivets will come off. just be sure to use a tool that is a bit smaller in diameter than the rivet.

I understand, but easily is the wrong adjective I believe.

I just punched out the two pins in my pair of pennys today and i am going to make a mold to make new rubber pieces. The pins punch out really easy. I just turned down a piece of brass and punched them out

I've had my Juliet's for over 15 years and only recently I sent them in for a tune up. I wore mine on a regular basis I would say they were trashed and honesty yes they were loose but never an issue. I will take care of them going forward.

There are a couple of threads that we talk out how to put on and remove metals to extend the life.

I also posted a thread about custom made thin temple shox that will extend the life of my nose couplers. I have a small head, and the size 15 still stretches the coupler and squeezes the snot out of my head.

haha define small.

anyway, i have a whole bunch of stock from DG_mods of his Tshocks when he used to make em back in the day. theyre half the thickness of #15.

Yes, the ones I made are also half the thickness. Small as in Minute 1.0 and Half Jacket look perfect on me. 22.5 inch head measurement, which according to this website is the average female head size.

Back