1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. 7legion77

7legion77 Oakley Enthusiast

I'm new to Oakley... my first pair are the matte black polarized Gascans. Recently I tried Batwolfs on at Black Diamond and I really like the coverage.
    I've been very satisfied with the Gascans. But I really want the Batwolfs now, its just hard to go ahead and spend on another pair when I already have the sexy Gascans. What motivates you to collect?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Ecko

Ecko Team RamRod Staff Member Premium Member

Different colors and designs. The batwolfs are highly customizable. I personally match my glasses to my outfits. Currently I am wearing a red polo, jeans, red jordans, and wearing my fonseca antix. :thumbup:

3. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

Keep in mind if the Gascan fits great the Batwolf may not hug your head and stay in place very well. Just something to consider.

I like collecting to change things up. I have utility pairs with different lenses for how sunny the day is or what activities I'll be engaged in, and I have casual pairs in different styles and colors to suit my mood, whether I want a loud pair or something more low-key, etc.

4. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

when you start with a gascan, it doesnt really draw you into collecting to be honest.

Try picking up a pair of Xmetals - Juliets perhaps...then you'll understand. =P

5. minnesotanice

minnesotanice Oakley Beginner

^BriP said it, nobody quite understands the style and class of the Juliets. Either way, Rustpot is correct, they are definitely different fitting frames. The Gascans are more for a medium sized face I'd say, but are very condensed. The Batwolfs wrap a lot more, as they are mostly a shield lens, but sometimes sit closer to your eyes, depending on the shape of your face. There are a few qualitative differences, but the look is definitely worth shelling out the $220 for a polarized pair, especially with the O's that are customizable.

6. HDOakley

HDOakley Oakley Enthusiast

Batwolf's are some of the ugliest creations ever by Oakley. dont do it.

7. BAPD77

BAPD77 Oakley Expert Premium Member

I love the Batwolf....go for it!

8. atrain

atrain O-Forums Boss of Bosses

Why such batwolf hate? LOL

9. Oakley_Sight

Oakley_Sight Gotta love a good DOG

You need to pick & choose frames that YOU like as YOU will be wearing them & it will be YOUR collection. So if you feel they are right then do it. I can't really wear the shield lensed glasses as I don't feel they suit me. So if you like the frame GO FOR IT.

10. HDOakley

HDOakley Oakley Enthusiast

i just think they are just ugly. it's like wearing a big box on your face.