• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hey Everybody!

dontchuteimgai

Oakley Beginner
Ohio
So, an introduction I guess...

My name's Dominc and I'm from Ohio. I have had a love obsession with Oakleys since I was about 8. I remember the first time I actually saw a pair of Oakleys. My family belonged to a swim club and one of the life guards there had some pearl white and black iridium Eye Jackets. I had never seen anything like those before I knew I had to get some of those for myself, but being a kid, I didn't have any money so I had to wait it out till I started cutting yards or something to buy a pair. So when I finally saved up enough money, you better believe the first place I went running to was the Sun Glass Hut. They didn't have any eye jackets, so I opted for a pair of black/black iridium Minutes. Man I was so proud. I loved those things! Still to this day wish that my dog hadn't chewed them up.

Since then I have grown a little collection.

Currently:
-Lutzka and Matte Grey/Grey Frogskins
-White/Pink Iridium Crosshairs
-Golf Radars
-Blue/Black Iridium Half Wires,
-Black/Black Iridium polarized Gascans
-Jet Black/VR28 A Frame ski
-Antifreeze/Pink Iridium Crowbar retros and Root beer/Gold Iridium Crowbar retros and an extra Fire lens

And then there's the one's that are no longer with me due to various shenanigans:

-White/Blue Iridium (they were brand new in '09 but I can't remember the model, the whole front was a lens) - watched them get run over by a semi on I-75
-Silver/Blue Iridium Square Wires - stolen by the ocean
-Silver/Fire Square Wires - also stolen by the ocean
-Black/Black Iridium Fives - stolen
-Black/Black Iridium Minutes - dog ate them
and a few other pairs that I just cant remember..

So, if you can't already tell, I LOVE my Oakleys. And that bond has only grown stronger with time.

With that being said, I'll level with all of you fellow Oakley obsessed. I'm mainly here to track down a pair of 90's retro Eye Jackets, and I figured what better place than a forum where people get together to talk about their passion for truly great eye wear, and well, kinda good clothing. (Destroyed like 4 pairs of ski pants) I don't really have a specific frame or lens color that I'm going after, I just know that they have to be NEW or in MINT, but used, condition.

So whatta ya say guys? Help me get to 10 posts so I can peep the marketplace and hopefully find some retro shades? And no, I am not a troll. I just lurk around a decent amount, but I do participate.

Well, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it. Thanks for taking the time to read my ramblings. I'm looking forward to my time here.

P.S. If you, or anyone you know has some, hit me up.

Welcome mate. I'm sure if you snoop around long enough, you'll find some eye jackets! I picked up some eye jackets 2.0 for a fellow collector here this weekend and am just about to ship them out!

Latest Posts

Back