• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hey Guys!!! Sorry I Have Not Been Around Lately....

xmetalmaniac

Made of Metal
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Florida
I figured I would fill you guys in..... I have not been on the forum much and I have missed chatting with awesome people and sharing good ideas.... I found out back in the beginning of December that I needed to have Bi-lateral hernia surgery. All I can say is that I was scared to death. The last surgery I had was in 1994 for a broken humerous (which wasn't funny in any way lol). So the thought of going into surgery had me feeling completely under the weather. I began to withdraw from wanting to be social and talk with anyone. My wife tried to keep me cheered up, but it did nothing for me. I scheduled the surgery for the beginning of January then cancelled it, not because we were having company in town, but because I feared the procedure, and didn't want to burden my wife's best friend while she was here. So I rescheduled again. This time it was for Feb 2nd.

I would rather chase an armed masked felon through a neighborhood, then go through this surgery...... Anyway, I should have told you that my Surgeon was AWESOME! She..... yes a female surgeon, had the BEST attitude, and disposition of ANY doctor (other then my primary) I had ever met. She made me feel very comfortable with her high level of confidence, about this whole procedure.

Well, lets just say that this whole situation has changed me as a person.... Its hard to describe but I appreciate everything alot more....... MORE then I ever did. The surgery went well, and I am currently home recovering. Its been 7 days now and I feel so much better.

Why am I sharing this, you ask??? I have to say that I have missed the O forum and its awesome members, but I have missed ALOT more around me and maybe we all need to stop to smell the roses every now and then. As for me I love God, my wife, my family, my friends, neighbors, and even people I don't know now. You never know what someone is going through in their life, so smile at people and say hello, you may just make them feel better, it now works for me.

I have been trying to play catch up on reading posts and doing my mod job. So I am online ALOT more now since I have to sit at home. Plus I am hunting EBAY deals too!!! LOL.

Peace,

Todd

Well were glad your back and everything went ok. Hope the Recovery goes well for you, but dont be taking too many of my good deals off eBay!!

Nice to hear from you xmetal. Glad everything went well & that you're doing good. I'm waiting to go in for a hiatus hernia opperation which should be soon. Take it easy now & get collecting again. We need updates on what you've got.

i've been wondering where you was!
cool that you are back Todd . . . speedy recovery - or maybe not - now you have the time to be online all day loooong :rolleyes:

Welcome back. Glad everything went well. I know how much it sucks to have to be put under for procedures. It's very disturbing to know you are put inches away from death with anesthesia.

Back