• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hey Oakley Fans!

Hang Loose

Oakley Beginner
While I browse the Oakey Forums on occasion, I finally created an account to participate. Very excited to participate a little and learn more.

I've been a long time Oakley fan....primarily sunglasses....but also clothing, hats, etc. Growing up, my father owned bicycle shops and sold Oakley sunglasses when they were really building their sport brand in the 80s. I recall people breaking into his bike shop and stealing only the Oakley sunglasses, no bikes. My first pair as a young child was an M-Frame Ice Iridium Heater lens. They looked really funny on me as a young kid, but I loved them. I still have them. My favorite pair growing up was a pair of Fives with algae frame and gold iridium lenses. While not overly expensive, they fit well and I wore them for years. The frames broke three times, each time Oakley replaced at no cost. Eventually, they broke again and couldn't be replaced. I miss those glasses. The brand comes with a lot of great memories for me and I've stuck with it all these years. While I have other brands of sunglasses, I still prefer Oakley by far.

I've had M-Frames, plenty of Frogskins, Zeros, Sub Zeros, Fives, Tens, Eye Jackets, Half Jackets, IcePicks, XX University and recently Carbon Blades and Sliver Fs. Probably a few more I forgot. Also purchased a pair of Rx Tincup Carbons recently, which I enjoy.

However, I always wanted an X-metal, but I've never truly owned one. I've decided I need to have one and am now in search of my first pair, mostly likely a Juliet. While I've done some research, I'll need some pointers on the differences in frames colors/materials, lenses, years, etc....and what to look for in a nice used pair that isn't fake. Appreciate the help and look forward to participating!

Welcome to the community @Hang Loose !!

My very first pair was also an M Frame with Heaters!! I am searching for an original pair on the exchange all the time, one will come up sooner or later and I'll grab it. Then I'll have my "First pair" back. ;)

Stick around, awesome place to hang loose and learn. Pun intended!

While I browse the Oakey Forums on occasion, I finally created an account to participate. Very excited to participate a little and learn more.

I've been a long time Oakley fan....primarily sunglasses....but also clothing, hats, etc. Growing up, my father owned bicycle shops and sold Oakley sunglasses when they were really building their sport brand in the 80s. I recall people breaking into his bike shop and stealing only the Oakley sunglasses, no bikes. My first pair as a young child was an M-Frame Ice Iridium Heater lens. They looked really funny on me as a young kid, but I loved them. I still have them. My favorite pair growing up was a pair of Fives with algae frame and gold iridium lenses. While not overly expensive, they fit well and I wore them for years. The frames broke three times, each time Oakley replaced at no cost. Eventually, they broke again and couldn't be replaced. I miss those glasses. The brand comes with a lot of great memories for me and I've stuck with it all these years. While I have other brands of sunglasses, I still prefer Oakley by far.

I've had M-Frames, plenty of Frogskins, Zeros, Sub Zeros, Fives, Tens, Eye Jackets, Half Jackets, IcePicks, XX University and recently Carbon Blades and Sliver Fs. Probably a few more I forgot. Also purchased a pair of Rx Tincup Carbons recently, which I enjoy.

However, I always wanted an X-metal, but I've never truly owned one. I've decided I need to have one and am now in search of my first pair, mostly likely a Juliet. While I've done some research, I'll need some pointers on the differences in frames colors/materials, lenses, years, etc....and what to look for in a nice used pair that isn't fake. Appreciate the help and look forward to participating!
Don't know if you have found and purchased a pair yet but if your wanting to see what all they have to choose from then go to Oakley.com website you can look at every model they have and you can even pick the different colors of frames earsocks and even all the lenses to see what they would look like. My 1st pair I bought in Hibbs Sporting Goods. They had maybe 2 or 3 different brands and only couple of colors. I had never bought anything Oakley so I thought that maybe all they made was what store had. Boy was I wrong when I thought I would go to the website and check it our I was shocked with all the different brands they had. Plus they even had it were you could customize your glasses and that's what I did I got Speed Jacket glasses with plaid frame and had bunch of lenses to choose from I picked polarized lenses which are little higher but I think they are best lenses. That's just for me. Also when you customize them you can even have your name or whatever etched into one of the lenses which I had my name. I figured that if someone stole mine and I saw them I could tell if they were mine since my name was on them. Plus you could tell the police about your name or whatever is printed on them. Also you could try to Google Oakley Vault stores. You may have one near were you live and if so you can get them completely customized right in front of you. Only thing they can't do is etching anything on the lenses that is only able to be done online. I hope this helps you out. Good luck

Back